Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Proud new 80 owner

Bakkies

Country Flag
south_africa
Hi All,

What a great Forum and stacks of knowledge here! I've taken ownership of my first 80 series a few weeks ago and just in the process of sorting a few niggles, then on to some epic trips.

I look forward to learning about my trusty steed and hopefully I can contribute positively to this Forum as I go.

Cheers!

Hi Bakkies and welcome, 80's are iconic trucks and you dont see them everyday.
Give us a bit more info and some pics.

Andy

Congrats Bakkies, the 80's will forever be a great off road vehicle even as they age.
As you've found, sort a few little niggles and they'll take you anywhere.
Looking forward to pix soon.
Cheers

Yep, all of that, 80s rule:lol:

Welcome to the forum Bakkies...:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Bakkies,

Where about in London are you based?

Cheers everybody. I've waited a long time to own the renowned 80. She's a stock (almost :icon-cool:) 1995 Manual 24 Valve with 164k on the clock. Intercooled and diesel pump twiddled so it's pretty lively. I have big plans! Looking to turn it into a proper overlander just like some of the incredible Cruisers on here. For the moment I'm focusing on the mechanics and basics to get a solid base to build upon.

dyladams - I'm in Morden, Surrey. Originally from sunny South Africa.

Couple of pics below albeit not in it's natural habitat.

FullSizeRender(2).jpgIMG_6497.JPG

Chas, you're in Morden - didn't you used to an identical one to that?

Welcome to the forum, thats a nice looking 80. We're getting quite a number of members in the London area these days.

Good luck with your plans.

Hi and welcome Bakkies. Nice looking 80. That's what mine should look like!!

Looks great condition, it's amazing that these trucks keep popping up. Good luck to you finding such a tidy example :thumbup:.

Welcome to the club. Send us more pics as soon as you get it off that black stuff (tarmac).

I think Chas must be sleeping Chris! I think it may have been identical once upon a time, now it's a slightly "modified" shape[emoji1]

Still got it Chris but with more scars than that one. Bakkies, where in Morden are you? I've not seen another red 80 round here.

I think Chas must be sleeping Chris! I think it may have been identical once upon a time, now it's a slightly "modified" shape[emoji1]

Not sleeping Clive, been in Wales for the week-end, achieved a long held ambition to 'do' Strata Florida blew a CV joint doing it though which also damaged the swivel joint, all repaired now by Julian V. :thumbup:

Not sleeping Clive, been in Wales for the week-end, achieved a long held ambition to 'do' Strata Florida blew a CV joint doing it though which also damaged the swivel joint, all repaired now by Julian V. :thumbup:

Oh sh!t Chas, that's not good, or maybe it is, at least you'll be in better shape coming here next month!

My CV failure a couple of years ago took out the end of the shaft, or vice-versa, I still haven't figured out what went on in there. The CV looked perfect, it just let go of its balls, even they looked in good nick!

Good to know you're back on the road and I'm a bit envious of you doing Strata Florida.

Back