Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

For Sale: My 1994 HDJ 80

Dave Burgess

Chaps and Chappettes,

Just a quick post, which I will update with full details, to let people know that I am selling my beloved 80 Series Turbo Diesel due to moving abroad soon.

1994 HDJ 80 VX. Cloth interior, NO air con, silver over grey (two tone), 178000miles, UK car from new, been mine since Jan 10. Generally OK with few rough cosmetic edges, extremely reliable.

Full details will follow and it is not on ebay yet (but will be if no interest from the Club membership)

Feel free to PM me and I'll get back asap.

Warren, I have not forgotten your bushes... life has been a mess!

I am having issues with my photobucket account so I'll upload some pics when I sort that

As above... 6 months MOT remaining, its generally OK but a bit tired. There are standard good bits so I'll list the problems:

Rear diff lock refuses to work. The locking mech was new about 2 years ago but I went to Afghanistan and it did not get exercised. slight weep from the join area.
Rear screen does not work except one wire.
Dent around Rear left (UK nearside) light due to being swiped when parked - never got round to it (see Afghan comment above)
Scratches where it looks as if barbed wire has been caught up Right front headlight area to mirror
Good radio (DAB) but shit speakers
Needs new tyres for off road work but still legal (4-5mm on BFG AT TA as in the sig block...)

Extras:

M9000 winch in Off Road Armoury bumper
TJM rear bumper (lacks trims but is newly powder coated)
Gav's underbody transfer guard

Adjustable height tow hitch
Dog/load guard (Frog island)
All seats match (inc the 3 in the boot area belts still fitted)
Twin slide out draws in the back

New front brakes fitted 1 year ago using Milner ceramic pads, front Kangeroo paw disks new master cyl, new hand brake cable new stainless flexi pipes.

I also have two Air to water (water to air?) intercooler kits (header, electric pump, matrix, inlet adaptor, but need hoses) to fit the 4.2 diesels.

There will be a new windscreen and when it is out I'll attend to any rust in that area.

Last edited:
I forgot the price... I'd like as much as ebay gets but a club member will be able to negotiate all the +/-/= points and come up with an offer. I'll be starting it on ebay at £5k

Ok, initial sale opportunity has blown out so going on ebay today. I'll happily split off some of the parts listed as extras.

The intercoolers listed are not fitted, and I'll sell separately £150 each kit (need flexible hoses and water pipes). The are Mayer Performance matrix and a small oil cooler type radiation with a BMW header tank and small Bosch pump. The cast ali adapter allows the flex hose to fit to the inlet manifold.

Sold

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pics on there now.

The following are also still available:

Warn M9000 winch in Off Road Armoury bumper (can be separate)
Warn M8000 winch in a receiver hitch cradle with remote controls fitted
Gav's underbody transfer guard Sold
Dog/load guard (Frog island)
TJM spare wheel carrier (to fit over the OE plastic bumpers) Sold

Email through here or [email protected] or call 07802888395

Cheers

Last edited:
To add to the list I've just found a Witter Tow Bar and 4 x steel wheels (7 x 16in aftermarket style) powder coated slate grey.

Dave, I may be interested in that winch bumper. I have emailed you.

Hello....

Pleasure to meet all you gentlemen (& one lady) today.

Items remaining are Witter Tow bar, Frog Is Load guard and unfortunately a Land Cruiser!

Make me sensible offers.... 07802888395

Thanks,

Dave

Likewise Dave, thank you for your hospitality with the emphasis on the 't'. Good to meet up with you and Stu, trebling the number of faces I now know from the club.

Good luck with your relocation and thanks for the purchases.

Richard

I saw that and the bidding was doing alot better then when dave was selling it.

Back