Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ41V has arrived from the land of the rising sun

katsarata

Country Flag
uk
40 is finally here after 8 weeks on the water, will replace Recaros seats with original set supplied by Giles replace MoMo steering wheel with original and replace the rag covering the back with hard top currently being painted.
If anyone can identify the winch it came without the control cable and need to find another.
Will post more pics as and when I do the work here's a few as it arrived IMG_0825.JPGIMG_0824.JPGIMG_0823.JPG On a happy note it came with Power steering disc brakes and air conditioning:happy-cheerleaderk:

Great looking truck! Can't help you with the winch question though, someone will be along soon

your winch looks a bit like a Bellview one but i think the brake has had a mod.
I might be interested in your seats please can you Pm me a picture and price please.
Stu

Hi Clive
Thanks.Took the seats out today so I could get to the rear heater matrix to find a coolant leak luckily the matrix was fine and just a loose jubilee clip.
Trying to decide whether to replace alloys with a set of 16" split rims any thoughts welcome.
Turns out the winch is Toyota OE made by Aisin Seiki who'd have thunk it !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi wot R you doing with the seats out of the 40 thanks Tony.?

Thanks
3.2 2B Diesel 71000 mls

Just got the registration back today so if you see URM 420X about give a us a toot. Just so everyone knows NOVA suck.
Split rims go off to media blast tomorrow set of 235x85x16 Grabbers ready to wrap around them. New rear quarters ordered today should be with me in 10 days then just got to find a reasonable body shop to fit them.
Hard top ready to go on just waiting for a set of stainless bolts from Megastore.
Will post some pics with and without split rims opinions please.

Hi Tony
Hav'nt made up my mind yet.
Splits or alloys ? what do you think ?

Absolutely split rims. Or other 6" steelies. And you found the right size of tyres too. Those wheels on the pic look completely misplaced.

Lovely little cruiser - Great find - Congratulations.

Hi I think it is the alloys it's looking good keep the pics coming thank Tony.

Just catching up on the posts i've missed over the past few months....

Your 40 looks very good.

You mention in the synopsis that you are replacing the rag top with a hardtop... what are you doing with the old rag top?

Regards,

On the winch front, you could wire in a radio remote. Plenty of cheap Chinese ones about if you want to rely on one or there's Lodar which will cost you £100 plus for a second hand one but are totally reliable. Alternately you could wire in a dash switch or if you really want to, you could try and find the plug for the existing socket or replace the socket and go from there. Whatever way there will be one common wire and one in and one out wire. Simple enough to wire to a switch box or 'pendant' readily available for cranes and winches.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Just catching up on the posts i've missed over the past few months....

Your 40 looks very good.

You mention in the synopsis that you are replacing the rag top with a hardtop... what are you doing with the old rag top?

Regards,

Hi Rodger

Rag top was shot and and off to the landfill. Still have the roll cage if anyone needs one ?

On the winch front, you could wire in a radio remote. Plenty of cheap Chinese ones about if you want to rely on one or there's Lodar which will cost you £100 plus for a second hand one but are totally reliable. Alternately you could wire in a dash switch or if you really want to, you could try and find the plug for the existing socket or replace the socket and go from there. Whatever way there will be one common wire and one in and one out wire. Simple enough to wire to a switch box or 'pendant' readily available for cranes and winches.

If you need any more help, just ask.

Gonna wire one in thanks for the info.

That looks fabulous Kat. Really love the colour (sorry Shayne) far better than the black.

Hi,

Shame about the rag top because I was going to try and persuade you to part with it so I could attempt to make a bikini top from it. Not to worry, see you in Burnham, hopefully.

Back