Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser Limosine spotted !

Balloontyres

Country Flag
netherlands
Spotted this Landcruiser Limo in Cambodia ofcourse I stopped and made some pictures. you can see the driver of the car he first said yes you can take a picture. but after 3 pics I suddenly had to leave he changed his mind haha I have the pics here:

1582x6e.jpg

sdih5c.jpg

2eutrp4.jpg

I rather like that. Not too flashy and OTT but lots of legroom in the back. An over lander for 4 perhaps?

Cool looking truck :think: i wonder what sort of a mortgage you would have to get to fix that when the elecrickery failed leaving you stranded :icon-smile:

That beast there is fully armoured. They get a bit touchy when you hang about taking pix.
You will see the thicker internal window framing at the front and passenger doors for the interior ballistics protection structure.

Usually for politicians, but might still be a drug baron though Gary. Funny how they both need them....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yes indeed I also think it was an armoured version. the windows looked very thick. unfortunately he didn't want to open the doors..

Drug baron??
Though of saying it but didn't want to hurt any feelings. You never know who owns an armored vehicle to protect himself.

If anyone does, doesn't matter. If you have a LandCruiser, your are part of the family! :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revientalo4x4
Youtube: goo.gl/32QZ8g
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Revientalo4x4
Facebook: goo.gl/f3fPRR

Last edited:
Well sad but true most bad prejudices about Cambodia seem true. it is super corrupt here and can be dangerous. the tourism sector tries to smile it away but once you are trying serious things here you will see that people are suddenly not so friendly anymore. I even had my car (Hilux) confiscated for 2 days here once. And know people who got into mayor Pyramid investment scams. Police won't help you and embassies there also don't want to get involved.

Another Landcruiser, I wonder is it risky to drive in deep water like that? floods here yesterday! this car drives slowly but most of them driven fast and creating huge waves.. that should be risky when that comes in your air intake no? or can they go quite deep?

4r5bok.png

Top of the tyres as a general rule of thumb BT, and the idea usually is to drive at a moderate speed so as to create a bow wave. The void behind the wave being lower where the air intake is tends to increase the margin for error. I'd be a bit concerned with water that deep, purely as you don't know what lies beneath. You could have manhole covers lifted and moved aside by the flood water entering drains, or hidden dips, that can easily submerge an air intake if you're unlucky. Driving a river or ford is one thing, driving a flooded street is quite another as there will likely be hidden hazards including sewage as an added biohazard.

Most 4x4s especially the Cruisers have specially designed air intakes compared to saloon cars in that they draw air from high up in the wings, probably 20cm or more above the level shown in your photo, as well as having traps to let any small amount of water out of the air filter housing, and drawing air from the top of the filter box.

Many saloon cars these days draw air from low down in the engine bay and would not survive that sort of flood. That Cruiser…no problem.

The thing to consider with driving faster and creating a bow wave is whether it will endanger or inconvenience someone else, and in that urban situation like this it is more than likely going to cause damage to property or push the flood water into areas it has not already reached. The Cruiser driver was, naturally, being considerate to his surroundings by driving through slowly.

Last edited:
One thing we used to see a lot of in Singapore and Sri Lanka was raised exhausts. Typically to the roof level, to the same height as snorkel and breathers.

Haven't seen that in the UK or in the US at all. Not one.

you can get pretty low. But if you are sealed well, after a certain depth the car becomes a boat and traction on the road surface is hard, specially as you end up noise down.

And you definitely want to avoid contact with flood waters like these. Serious bio hazard.

KB

Thanks StarCruiser for the accurate and learn full reply! Also for your reply GeekOKent I never knew about that. It felt already questionable and I was thinking this is not good when I went so deep. it was just as deep as the white Landcruiser pic or even deeper.

in this pic you can see the bow you were talking about. But this water bow I also saw when other Landcruisers were in much deeper water than the photo. They totally damaged the shops and properties on the side the waves were like in the ocean! but they don't care here.. also other cars where already stranded in the water and even than they didn't slow down. I tried to warn them with my lights but it was just ignored and the huge wave came also to my Hilux

example bow pic only the water was much deeper but don't have a photo of that
k3vdap.png

To keep it in the Limo mood, this Rolls was spotted last saturday during the floods!

2ish6yf.jpg

That Rolls actually looks to me like it has a look of shame on it. Like a dog that knows it's done wrong. [emoji6]

Thanks StarCruiser for the accurate and learn full reply! Also for your reply GeekOKent I never knew about that. It felt already questionable and I was thinking this is not good when I went so deep. it was just as deep as the white Landcruiser pic or even deeper.

in this pic you can see the bow you were talking about. But this water bow I also saw when other Landcruisers were in much deeper water than the photo. They totally damaged the shops and properties on the side the waves were like in the ocean! but they don't care here.. also other cars where already stranded in the water and even than they didn't slow down. I tried to warn them with my lights but it was just ignored and the huge wave came also to my Hilux

example bow pic only the water was much deeper but don't have a photo of that
k3vdap.png

I think the exhausts at roof level GoK was talking about were probably to try and combat air pollution. I've seen it in heavily choked (both with vehicles and by vehicle exhaust) cities where everything is discharged high up.

That sort of Bow wave is the correct way to proceed, but only if it won't affect others. If you are in a vehicle with that approaching, it's difficult to avoid being swamped. It can easily drown smaller cars engines and is something to watch out for. In local floods a few years ago the postman's van had its engine wrecked by an oncoming Range Rover with a bow wave.

This really is where a snorkel brings peace of mind and the ability to drive slowly and keep the effects of the wake to a minimum.

There is no way you would get me in that diluted sewage.!!!

[QUOTE

That sort of Bow wave is the correct way to proceed, but only if it won't affect others. If you are in

There is no way you would get me in that diluted sewage.!!![/QUOTE]

hear hear, we had flooding here on Canvey Island in Essex last August, nothing serious mind but enough to wreck quite a few homes, ( not mine) a neighbours child was out playing in the water, and I said to him( the father) be careful for your child!, oh she can swim he said ( water about 10 inches deep) , I replied it's no fun to swim in sewage or the main drain contents, poor fellow nearly had a heart attack with the shock of realization!! People just don't think it through, looks nice and clean, but what's mixed in eh? In my house I have non return valves on our sewage outlet in an attempt that if it ever happens we have the minimum ingress of the nasty stuff.nothing but stilts is really effective but we can try.
in my 80 series I have had water over the bonnet, briefly mind, and I have a snorkel, breathers, the whole caboodle, but unless the car is totally prepared, like oil fillers, engine breathers etc, there will always be a slight risk, now I put a tarp over the front to reduce water ingress from the front through the grill ( only done it once) didn't realy notice any difference, but it made me feel better,
Happy wading to all, best regards, Bill Westley
seemed to have swerved violently off topic here , sorry

Last edited:
Nice bow wave at Little Britain, Iver, Buckinghamshire, after a days mudding getting my bottom clean.

Fording at Iver.jpg

Back