Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

yorkshire

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Nothing too exciting but will post a few pics...

Took lily (my daughter who's nearly 5) for a spot of camping and laning, some of the other dad's were taking the kids for a camping weekend so we went along, it was her first time camping so she was excited.

I spent a bit of time planning a couple of routes, the lanes were to be solo so nothing too extreme and no deep water.
20150721_211726_resized.jpg

I have a lot marked up on my paper maps, just needed to make a route.
Transferred to the tablet
20150725_111442_resized.jpg

Friday We got camp set up, vale of pickering caravan site, very nice place with plenty on site for kids too, not the cheapest of sites but it was chosen for the facilities for the kids.
20150724_164236_resized.jpg

20150724_173504_resized.jpg

One happy girl
20150724_203047_resized.jpg

The others turned up and got set [IMG

Saturday we went laning, I didn't take many pics tbh, between driving, navigation, child entertainment and random question answering, pics got forgotten lol

20150725_111431_resized.jpg

20150725_112930_resized.jpg

20150725_115252_resized.jpg

My fave pic

20150725_112812_resized.jpg

We stopped at a really nice little pub in Egton, excellent service and food.
20150725_133322_resized.jpg

What annoyed me and amused me was driving rudland Rigg (has some nice rocky sections) I got over taken by a disco3, he went off track and overtook while I was doing about 15mph on a lane !
Further along they were parked up off track so we drove past, we approached the first big rocky part, I stopped to have a look for the best line and Mr disco opened his window and said move it! So I told lily to hold on tight and drove the not so easy line, no issues just nice and steady over the rocks all the way down, Lil got a bit scared but closed her eyes and was fine.
Sliders took a fair old beating and are a bit bare metal in places!
Mr disco in my rear view mirror was doing a 3 point turn and shot off back the other way :lol:
Lil asked "where's that man going daddy, is his truck not as good as ours, is he too scared daddy, I think he should close his eyes and just drive it"
Made my day lol.

Sat eve at camp she got to play with her friends and tell them about our adventure and the man who was scared.
Already asking when the next camping trip is so I think she's hooked.
Nice steady day today, all packed up then a steady drive home via some gentle lanes.

Last edited:
Sounds like everyone had a good time then Gary, apart from Mr Disco

Priceless…made my day so far that has!!

Did you explain that the man in the Disco was frightened what bits might fall off and probably hadn't brought his dustpan and brush with him. [emoji6]

Last edited:
Looks like a great weekend Gary. Chicken nuggets looked yummy too. There's always some drongo around spoiling it for folks. Odd they never seem to turn up in a Cruiser.

Nice long lane that, and great area. Took he Hilux down those steps with no issues, going up them could be tricky though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah get the odd idiot but made me laugh when turned round and lily just came out with her question. We passed some walkers and i assume disco shot by them as looked a bit un impressed, seemed shocked when we stopped to let them pass, Lil waving and shouting hello prob helped.

Wheatsheaf pub in Egton, was such a pleasant place and friendly, highly recommend it if over that way. Some nice lanes nearby too.

It's a good lane Andy, my local area so know the cruiser can cope with everything round that way. Driven it up there a couple of times and can be hard going. There's an easy ish way and not so easy way up/down. Need a spotter to go up tbh, auto makes it easier imo.
Can see where people have been off piste in a few places which is a shame, spoils a great lane. Has been a lot of repair work done along the track and I wouldn't be surprised if the steps get some repair work.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back