Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

06 LC100 rear impact pad replacement

derek0177

I just purchased my second land cruiser (a 2006 100 model) and realized that it had a damaged impact pad in the rear bumper. It looks like the previous owner had backed into a pole or something and the metal impact pad is dented on the left side and I'd like to replace it myself. Has anybody attempted this repair? Any advice or ideas?

I had similar on my 2004. I took the plastic bumper off and found a dented metal "box" underneath. Managed to straighten it and fit a new plastic bumper. Quite easy.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it wasn't too difficult. I'll give it a go on my own then! Thanks for the advice!

You might be lucky and find the plastic bumper springs back into shape. It's only a cosmetic piece.

A Hot Air Gun works well on Toyota plastics, I re-shaped the front N/S wheel arch panels on my '95' with one (that and a Hot Glue Gun).

Bob.

Steady even constantly moving heat is the trick with the heat gun. I got a nasty dent out of the very corner of one of the plastic rear bumper corners like that. Did it on the truck to save wrestling with it and it worked a treat.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back