Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
For anyone who hasn't seen this thread going on in the 80 series section, I now have the opportunity to make up Gullwing doors or hatches for the rear side windows of the 80 series. These replace the glass with no further modifications and are as such totally reversible. They have external hinges and a single edge mounted rubber seal along with an adhesive primary dust seal. They are made out of 3mm ally.

Prototypes are being worked on and there will be photos posted soon.

Pricing is a little more than I had hoped but I have pared it to the bone for a group buy and this is being done by me and organised through my business which is not taking much profit for the work involved.

There are two versions, one with and one without * a connecting 'flange' on the rear to attach a locker or back cabinet to. With painted and non painted versions of each. Two C5 latches and secure external adjustable hinges complement the flush mount design.

All prices are plus insured carriage and packing at £25.42 for a pair and £15.13 for a single or collection is fine in which case no carriage would be charged.

Singles would need stating LH or RH as viewed by the driver. Note that these are a direct replacement for 80 series rear side windows. Should you have and want to replace the sliding windows, then a rubber is needed for each side, Part number 62741-60030. These are £50.72 each plus VAT from my local Toyota main dealer and £43 plus delivery, import duty and VAT from Amayama Japan or £25 plus delivery, VAT and import duty from Amayama UAE who have stock for delivery in 2-3 weeks.

I could arrange for a bulk buy if more than say two pairs are needed. Edit, probably best doing this individually.

The doors and frames themselves, as follows:-

With rear mounting frame for fitting whatever cabinet or locker you want to make and fit.

I will be putting these on eBay when ready for around the £850 mark plus delivery.
PM me for club member pricing.

So look out for the photo of the prototype and show your interest below. Delivery is 4-5 weeks in batches at present. Please express your interest below by quoting the list then removing the quote marks. No absolute commitment but I would hope at this stage (dependent on the prototype) that most will commit to buy.

You can follow the build on the build thread here

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-gullwings-rear-windows.142898/

Edit * the non framed/ flanged model has been discontinued after first production run as the framed version is far more rigid.

Last edited:
Probably best not to have two order threads running you know. Make this the dominant one and delete the other. It will be chaos otherwise.

1, StarCruiser pair, with flange, unpainted £474.58
2, Chris, pair, coated, no flange, £466.58

One taker already …[emoji3]

Last edited:
Don't forget to have a look on the build thread for more details of these. [emoji6]

Last edited:
3, Chas, pair with flange, Powder coated £514.58 (could collect at Stratford)

1, StarCruiser pair, with flange,
2, Chris, pair, coated, no flange,
3, Chas, pair with flange, Powder coated Sliding window type.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
3, Chas, pair with flange, Powder coated £514.58 Sliding window type.
4,kingtom, pair, non flange, powder coated, sliding window type

Excellent guys, looks like I've got some work to do. [emoji4]

1, StarCruiser pair, with flange, powder coated
4, kingtom, pair, non flange, powder coated, sliding window type

Last edited:
Interested in unpainted, non flanged pair.

Please quote shipping to Peachland, British Columbia Canada. V0H 1X8.

First post and joined because of your build. However, long term cruiser owner and have a built 80

Wow! Good to have you aboard GF. I'll have a look and get back to you. Thanks for the enquiry.

Richard

Thanks, may want two pairs can you please quote shipping for one pair and then two pairs.

Not in a hurry and slow courier or royal mail is fine

Thanks

Will do. I'll look into whether surface shipping is available and see what I can do. [emoji4]

Forgot to mention Richard, sliding window type. Fixed window in NA is the exception.

Ok, thanks GF. It might be more cost effective for you to order the rubbers directly from Amayama, both tax wise and shipping wise. Happy either way but probably easiest for you to get the rubbers.

Last edited:
Can you put me for a single (passenger side), with flange,powder coated £265.37

5,Charlie, single (passenger side), with flange, powder coated

Nice one Charlie, thanks for your support. [emoji4]

Was that for fixed window?

Last edited:
1, StarCruiser pair, with flange, powder coated £514.58
3, Chas, pair with flange, Powder coated (£514.58 provisional) Sliding window type.
4, kingtom, pair, non flange, powder coated, sliding window type (£466.58 provisional)
5,Charlie, single (passenger side), with flange, powder coated £265.37

Nice one Charlie, thanks for your support. [emoji4]

Was that for fixed window?

Yes, fixed window..

5,Charlie, single (passenger side), with flange, powder coated fixed window

Last edited:
Hi GOfast. I have a PM for you but I think you need to post a few times (I think it may be 15) before it will let me send it.

Back