Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rust, rust- rust off

Rarf

Country Flag
latvia
Hi!
Here you can view photos from the anti-rust first project
11149671_357335891143944_217706020204666733_o.jpg

2007 Toyota Land cruiser, daily car all year round, one owner. In my country is winter and the roads are treated with salt, which enhances corrosion in wet weather.

thumb_show.php?i=gxnvudq&n=IMG_0702.jpg

Photos after car wash
thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

Last edited:
Brake tubes also dead..
thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

Everything need to be clean from rust and dusts.

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

Work with rust transformer

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

Painted with acidic reaction primer STANDOX

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

thumb_show.php

impressive strip down and preparation.... what's the approx cost for all this ??

I would love to get this done to mine. I'm still looking for someone in the UK who would do it.

Not quite in the same league but have a look at rust.co.uk for a full clean, treatment and Dinitrol work for what I think is fairly ok money considering what they do.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is amazing work... :thumbup:

I still think folks ask for more trouble by not cleaning their trucks properly or often enough, though.

If you jetwash underneath once a week I recon you can add 10 years to a truck's life.

What does that work out at, 5 quid a week, 300 quid a year, it must be worth it, or get your own jetwash, they only cost a couple of hundred... JMHO

Has anybody used RUST.CO.UK - it sounds a great job but personal experience is king. I'm happy to be a guinea pig but before I dive in....

On my list for next year. The vid I've seen shows a good job and for the price worth it

I've used rust.co.uk for a couple of projects, it really is proper stuff, wouldn't bother with anything else now, but becareful its very strong need a well ventelated garage + mask and you'll still be high as a kite at the end of it

Hi Charlie I was thinking more in terms of their full service (£450 +VAT) They want a £60 non refundable deposit 3 weeks beforehand to schedule you in. Just wanted to check befoe I plough-in. So far I'm booked in for 8th and 9th Oct.

Cool - exactly what I'm after so will be watching with interest :)

Thorough job!! You must have spent quit a few hours cleaning en brushing it all :think:

What's the plan for the chassis? wire-brushing and painting as well?
I've just treated the inside of my chassis with two thick layers of Dinitrol 1000.

Back