Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Great idea, could well save lives…

That is a great idea but who pays for it .

Samsung, it's on their trucks and they make most of the screens for the flat TVs so they won't miss a few and probably write it off against tax.

I guess they might if someone wanted to buy. However, I guess their initial thought was publicity…, oh, and road safety[emoji6]

I guess they might if someone wanted to buy. However, I guess their initial thought was publicity…, oh, and road safety[emoji6]
I think for most HGVs, screens like that would get stinking dirty in no time, vandalized, and generally damaged in a short time.Idea is good, but I don't see it catching on as a viable safety feature for everyday truck operators. Samsung can afford it, even then I think it was just to make the vid as an advertising stunt.It will be interesting to know if anyone sees one of these on the road, I'm certainly not going to hold my breath!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think for most HGVs, screens like that would get stinking dirty in no time, vandalized, and generally damaged in a short time.Idea is good, but I don't see it catching on as a viable safety feature for everyday truck operators. Samsung can afford it, even then I think it was just to make the vid as an advertising stunt.It will be interesting to know if anyone sees one of these on the road, I'm certainly not going to hold my breath!
My thoughts exactly Clive, good advertising for Samsung.

This only works if the lorry has clear air ahead. If its jammed, as they usually are on those roads, 3m behind the vehicle in front - I suspect it only helps a tiny bit.

Then you have the problem of overtaking a lorry that is itself over taking a car while someone in a '4bye' overtakes up the shoulder.

Back