Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nico T

Country Flag
united_states
Hi friends,

Picking up my first Land Cruiser tomorrow, 1997 90 Series. It's a bit rough but I purchased it for my new puppy. I got a good deal on it since it needs the rear heater core bypassed and the current owner does not want to deal with it. I live in San Diego, so not concerned about the heater but I would like to bypass the rear correctly so I can still use the front for the occasional defrost. I've read some posts about how to do it, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

00V0V_e18Q91BCIqy_600x450.jpg

Welcome to the forum Nico, great 1st post. Don't know about the bypass as I've never done it but I can't see it being difficult.Looks like the tailgate needs attention, hows the rest of it?

Andy

You must have bloody good eyes Andy, What can you see on the tailgate?
Andy
Welcome to the forum Nico, nice looking wagon. You must have bloody good eyes Andy, What can you see on the tailgate?

The usual rust monster under the rear window on the left Chas.

And yes - 80 Series - and welcome!

The usual rust monster under the rear window on the left Chas.

And yes - 80 Series - and welcome!

Do you mean that 'mark' about 3" from the corner? that looks like the reflection of a street light to me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Are you yanking my chain, Chas? Zoom in on the pic - looks like a sodding big hole to me :)

Ah! zoomed and there is a sodding great hole.

Welcome to the forum Nico, great 1st post. Don't know about the bypass as I've never done it but I can't see it being difficult.Looks like the tailgate needs attention, hows the rest of it?

Andy

Yup, it's a sodding big hole. So far, that appears to be the worst of it, though there are other bits o' termites in other places. It's my first Land Cruiser, so getting my feet wet poking around the truck and the forums. I've owned a lot of projects and gut feeling still has me on the fence whether to sink money into it or enjoy it for what it is, the dogmobile. Once the bypass is done and I get it on the road, I'll check things out. The front bumper is bent, so will probably get that replaced first and then piece by piece. Interior is rough but nothing missing. Frame has surface rust but no cancer that I can see. Engine is strong but long in the tooth >200K. I'm sure I'll be leaning on you guys quite a bit as I get to know her. Thanks for the welcomes!

Here's a couple more pics...

00v0v_88dQIxp8hZl_600x450.jpg00U0U_b41zmXPim1M_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Well you are in the right place for knowledge Nico, welcome! Looking forward with the progress of her looks.

Back