Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ41V stripped out and off to the paint shop

katsarata

Country Flag
uk
Few pics of BJ41V now that top is off and ready for the paint shop can't believe how many snap fastneners were holding that bikini top on, and the roll cage was mounted on wooden blocks
IMG_0837.JPGIMG_0836.JPGIMG_0845.JPGIMG_0840.JPG
Running boards at media blaster with split rims still undecided about colour metalic dark grey or something more trad like Sage or white,on a by-note the truck was originally white, hard top already at paint shop for prep.:text-imwithstupid:

Hi looking good keep up with it good look with it keep the pics coming from Tony.

Thanks Tony

Should get it back at the end of the month but will have pics as we get going.
Bob

So here's a few more rear quarters cut out and wheel tubs waiting for some patches.
BJ resto 2.jpgBJ resto 1.jpgBJ resto 3.jpgBJ resto 4.jpg
Found some rust around the cowl and also when we took off the running boards. Tackle it as we find it !
On another note on top of the windscreen frame is an extruded alloy channel, is it meant to be there ? I ask because it had nothing to do with the soft top and am wondering if it is for the hard top ?

bj8.JPGWell here it is with a new suit of clothes. How do you like the splits over the alloys ?

Looks great , wheel choice is a personal thing :think: think i would have the split rim alloys painted black and fitted if it was my daily driver because they seem to have an offset widening the stance but if it were for show or heaven forbid sale the black rims for the original look .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looking really nice now katsarata, is it roadworthy, meaning all mechs in order? It's a little beauty that one.

Like the colour BTW, good choice :thumbup:

Still have the alloys in the workshop and yes they do widen the stance slightly but smaller diameter like the idea of painting them black though.

Full working order now and current roadworthy certificate. It was a toss up between Dune beige and Sage green think I made the right choice. Still looking for a 24v flasher unit if anyone has one sitting on their bench ?

Back