Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Batteries

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Big thanks to Giles and the guys at battery megastore.

Thanks Giles

Agree with you there Karl.

Yesterday I called my local battery supplier, ManBatt, who have always been competitive. I wanted a price for an Optima Yellow top YTU-4.2. The guy on the phone gave me a price but I thought I was misunderstanding him so I asked him to repeat, he repeated but still I thought I was not hearing correctly so I went into a different room and asked him again. His price was again repeated.... £302 :wtf:

i told old him his price was way off the mark but he said that was with 20% off. I told him I can get one for £160 delivered, straight away he dropped his price to £220. So I told him to forget it.

Ordered it from Battery MagaStore via eBay yesterday and it is being delivered today, £160 including delivery.

Needless to say ManBatt, who I have used for the last 35 years, have now lost a customer.

Exactly what I did. I saw the BMS sticker on a pallet load of Optimas in the yard when I was given a price of £302 from my local battery supplier. Went on the BMS website, ordered and it arrived next day. Sometimes a distributor can't sell directly to the public and you HAVE to buy retail. But in this case, there's no restrictions so I filled my boots.

.... Ordered it from Battery MagaStore via eBay yesterday and it is being delivered today....

Delivery time is estimated between 16:27 and 17:27..... I guess the drivers name will be Dr Who then :icon-rolleyes:

I have had a few from bat Meg and even in France, service is ace!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I use uk mail Paul. They can be a complete waste of time. I've found in general they are the best (ish) out of a very bad bunch. I've had far more issues with other carriers

I realise in transport things go wrong Karl. What really annoyed me was what happened after it 'went wrong'.

Delivery slot was 16:27 to 17:27, so I made sure I was in by 16:00.

At 17:40 following a no delivery I called to ask if there was a problem. I was told the driver was running late and would definitely be with me by 20:00, the guy in the call centre said he would txt the driver and call me back in a couple of minutes with a new ETA.

I called again at 18:45 to ask what was happening as I had not heard anything. I was again told it would definitely be with my within the next hour and a quarter, 20:00.

At 19:55 with no sign of the driver I called again. This time I was told, the driver had called in at 17:00 to say he had finished for the day.

I was ferkin fuming as we were supposed to be going out that evening and I cancelled just to make sure we were in to receive the battery.

The following day it arrived and I asked the driver what had happened the previous day. He said when he left the depot that morning he knew there was no way he was going to make all the drops that day. Apparently UKMail expect their drivers to over achieve which obviously puts them under pressure, he went on to say that the folks in the call centre will tell the customers anything just to get them off the phone. If they had been straight with me I would have been fine, but their pish taking was out of order.

The packaging around the battery was falling apart and the battery could clearly be seen sticking out of the bottom..... so, when asked to sign for it I refused.

Would I buy from Battery Megastore again, yes of course I would as not only was the price unbeatable, but they were super efficient with their dispatch time.

Paul. I have to deal with the idiots daily.

I could write a blooming book with issues I've had with them. Items going missing for weeks on end etc.

Its crazy how they have no idea what they're doing at times.

All courier companies are absolutely shocking how they stay in business is beyond me. I have around 15 - 20 parcels from all over the world delivered each day. You can't belive the hassle and lies I get told.

Stu

Yes there are all the courier companies in the world that range from acceptable to rubbish and then there's Yodel .........

Mind you, I can say that Yodel are consistent. Consistently shite in absolutely every respect.

Back