Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Upgrading from 120

stuart j

Am looking at upgrading my 2009 120 Invincible (115K miles and rising fast) to 2010 150 model – either LC4 (probably) or LC5 spec if pricing works. Any specific things to watch out for on 150, can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

Stuart

Ask Crispin about his thoughts on the 150 Stu... I'm sure there's a thread on it..

I picked up a petrol 150 because over here in Oz more and more people are reporting serious engine failures in the diesels. I also don't have to worry about the periodic expensive injector service. It is an absolute pleasure to drive with loads of power and uses less fuel than my 1kz-te 90 series.

What is the general cause the engine failures in the 150's
Haven't heard anything about failures in the newer Hilux, which I had assumed had same engine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am looking at upgrading my 2009 120 Invincible (115K miles and rising fast) to 2010 150 model – either LC4 (probably) or LC5 spec if pricing works. Any specific things to watch out for on 150, can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

Stuart
115k miles isnt a lot on the 120 :) or ao i hear... mine is at 112k and drives pretty sweet.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You're right, GOK, but I just fancied the change - having had 3 * 90 series and now the 120. Have today committed to white LC4 150, 50K miles and 2010 MY, collecting Thursday..........

Initial impressions having had the 150 LC4 3 days and done 500 miles:

- Much nicer on road than 90 or 120 series – KDSS delivers a more civilised drive but whole vehicle still seems built like a tank and likely to outlive me.
- Proper Sat Nav, Bluetooth and top flight stereo.
- Quieter and more Chelsea tractor than 120, but towing limit raised by 200 kgs and whole package feels much more up to date – and 30+ mpg which seems a good 15% better than 120.

Overall – I love it!

Last edited:
I concur - mines done 95k. Had it since January and put nearly 10 k on it. Faults? Errr - none. (Also 2010 model - last without dpf I think)

rick

Nice to hear some positives for the 150. Glad you're enjoying the new truck. :thumbup:

....but as has been said, we want pictures ASAP!!!!

OK Chadr, didn't want to appear a bit 'Look at my new toy'.........but.............this is it

Attachments

• VehicleImage.jpg
    VehicleImage.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 186
Back