Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Slow email and downloads

Mblinko

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Two things I've noticed in recent days, first notifications of posts to a thread you are subscribed to either don't arrive or are very very slow (ie 12-24hrs). I've also been trying to re-download RM184E and it keeps bugging out with a 500 error. I'm using an iPad, though previously that hasn't been a problem.

As for the emails - I think they're MIA for some of the posts. I get emails from the site but I too have noticed some are not coming through. Will check up on that tonight and see what's going on.

What's the link for the file? I can't see it in the 80s section.
What time did you try download it? The backups kick off at around midnight which thumps the server and bandwidth for about 30 minutes while it's happening. I've just downloaded a few manuals and they coming down at 7-9MB/s which is plenty fast.

CP

Having a similar issue - notifications for the Morocco 2015 topic don't happen at all. Others seem to be ok. I've checked subscriptions and other settings and those are all fine. Very weird ...

I've not received any emails from any new or existing threads I'm subscribed to since the 17th at 2250hrs.

The link for the manual is ...

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...0005-d2160c2750db6a9050b0c34293b06b887a98961a

It it takes about a minute before it offers me the opportunity to save a file of zero bytes, screenshot attached. Then on a reload of the page it comes up with internal server error. Tried it just now and at different times previously, not at the backup time as I recall though
image.jpg

ok, emails sorted. Over zealous anti-spam setting :oops:

Looking into the download issue now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok, as for the downloading I think I've fixed it. I've downloaded it a number of times and it's been fine.

It seems that the error happened when you took to long to download the file because perhaps your connection is slow or the server was slow at the time.
The server decided after 45 seconds that there's no point and kicked you off. I've increased that to 600 seconds now so try again and try take note of how long it actually takes to download or kick you off.

CP

Just tried the same 116.7MB file,again, same result, just took a little longer.

as a comparison, I tried to download a 3MB gearbox file, succeeded in about 1 second.

Is "longer" 10 minutes? Trying to under if it's the setting I'm adjusting or not.

Just tried again. It was 3m 15s before I got the same screen.

Which equates to the new timeout setting. Can you temporarily switch off your antivirus scanning and try again. Suspect that is the culprit especially if you are using McAfee which can be a bit over-zealous

I don't have AV on iPad. Email working good now.

Mark - try again. I've restarted the service. Perhaps it needed a restart to accept the setting. If at all, it should time out now after 10 minutes. If it's the same problem.

Do you have another computer / phone / tablet you can try download from?
Seeing as the smaller file can be downloaded ok by you and the larger file is fine for me, there's something specific to your setup. Can you do a speed test? www.speedtest.net

Glad emails are working again. :)

I was thinking more along the lines of the iPad being the limiting factor but let's see what happens

I was thinking more along the lines of the iPad being the limiting factor but let's see what happens

I always use iPad and have always successfully downloaded this manual a number of times without problems.

Back