Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Measure height lift rim to arch

Jockyboy

Country Flag
australia
Hi all

can anyone tell me, how do measure the lift size of your vehicle from the rims.
is it from bottom rim to the arch of vehicle flares

i got 3 inch must have sagged to a 2 maybe less.
Got dobinson coils 3 inch in mm's how do I measure to see exactlly how far it has raised.

got bulbar winch dual battery and scrubb bars so got heavy duty coil springs.

john

That's where I measured mine from

John, that is correct. Bottom of rim, through the axis vertically to the guard or flare edge.
that way it is all mechanically connected and consistent. Measuring from ground allows variances of tyres.
On average, for your lift you should have a measurement of around 825-830mm at the rear. This is a little rough but a guide. This is based on 16" rims. if you are running 15" rims on an older model, simply deduct 12.5mm.
Unfortunately it is common occurrence with those coils.
Cheers

Somewhere on here I have the measurements but from centre of wheel and not rim IIRC, this then negates wheel size.

When I get five I will have a hunt around but TBH if you allow for the wheel size you will be fine, there is a spec in the factory manual which I thinks goes from the bottom of the bump stops to the axles?

EDIT: No I am telling lies, I measured from the top of the rim to the wheel arch, info is here:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-lc-80-thread.365673/page-10

Post number 197

regards

Dave

Last edited:
As long as the system used is consistent that's the main thing hey Dave.
We go from bottom of rim only because it's easier than trying to line up the centre axis point of a deep rim.
Plus measuring from the bottom rim allows the tape or rule to be aligned through the centre axis to ensure it is vertical, again improving accuracy and consistency.
Whichever method is easier for you and is consistent each time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can anyone tell me what the stock height is for an HZJ80 (that is an 80 with 15" rims) ?
My insurance company want to know how much it is raised and I'm not sure !

Using top of rim to arch its currently 39cm at the back and 36 at the front.

Last edited:
bump..
Is there anyone running 15" rims and no lift who could do the measurement?
thanks....

Back