Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 powers upgrades

Tommy345

Country Flag
uk
Well this lot should keep me busy for the night. New turbo, intercooler, EGT gauge, boost gauge and an air box mod

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Nice I see you are going for the petrol air box lid. Were did the adaptor plate and pipe come from please.
Good luck with the kit and should transform the cruiser.
Stu

OOOH! Nice - any idea what the upgrade will give you BHP/Torque wise?

I am hoping for 240-250+, there is a local guy that has a 4wd dyno, so when its all done I might take a trip over to him and get a proper read out. I have a new cam shaft for it on order as well. I am going to remove the auto for a manual at some point and will just fit an heavy duty clutch of some description

Stumog - adaptor plate? I got the full air box off Karl Webster. The pipe is a bit trial and error at the moment it's not actually for an 80, it's part of a kit we offer when swapping the 1HZ out for a 1HD-T, but I think I can make it work. It would be nice if it dose work, its even got the outlet for the breather

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry was meant to be pipe not plate. I have one also not yet fitted. I have just the lid also from Karl.

I notice your boost gauge is reading below zero. It must be raining then as your barometric pressure is low :icon-biggrin:.

Lovely looking bit of kit, just a thought about the cam, the profiles may be different between auto and manual?

regards

Dave

As far as I know they aren't different manual to auto

As far as I know they aren't different manual to auto

You might be right on that as the way diesel delivers power as opposed to petrol vehicle. Years ago when building engines for performance use, fitting a cam to a manual and then fitting the engine in an auto would be a big mistake.

regards

Dave

Well I managed to get the turbo and intercooler fitted, just waiting on a few bits to finish plumbing the gauges in. While I am waiting for the last few bits I fitted a new set of battery boxes, if the budget allows this week I will order a new pair optima battery's. I had to remove the bumper to fit the cooler so while that's off I will fit m new winch :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    961 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    767.9 KB · Views: 289
Very nice, very neat routing for the pipework as well, who's intercooler kit is this Tommy?

Can I ask where you sourced the pod for the gauges ?

Last edited:
The inter-cooler is a kit we offer, the pipe work is nice and neat and fits a treat

The pillar pod came from Australia. it wasn't all that expensive even with postage and import duties

Some more new parts turned up for the 80 today :icon-biggrin:

photo 1 (2).JPGphoto 4 (1).JPGphoto 3 (3).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPG

Well with a change of job not had to much time for the 80, managed to sort the castor correction this weekend and have a think about fitting my new manifold. This is only the 2nd set of arms that have been made, Superpro have one set and I was lucky enough to get my hands on the others, as for the manifold that just work in progress

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hi Tommy, do you offer any of the intercooler pipework without the cooler? Also what is wrong with the factory manifold that made you make a new one?
Best wishes
Richard

What intercooler have you got? We dont really just offer the pipe work, if it just and off the shelf cooler we would just order the pipe work we need in bits and make it all up as we go. Whwn you start looking to get power out of the
1-HDT the manifold is fairly restrictive, it won't flow enough air fast enough

Back