Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cost of import '93 80 series

Paulgeert

Country Flag
england
Hi

I want to know what will a import '93 Land Cruiser VX Limited cost these days with 101,000 miles on the clock?

Any help on this.

Thanks

Welcome Paul, great introduction. All depends on a lot of factors, to put it in perspective last year I bought a 24V import for £2800 with 120k and this year another 24V import with diff locks for £3200. I would think a 12V import would realistically be worth a bit less depending on spec.
There are a lot of 80's out there with unrealistic price tags attached.
Hope this helps.

Yes great introduction.

Paul it would depend on a lot of factors as Andy says, does it have a full service history since its been in the UK. What mods does it have, how good are the tyres etc etc. Send us a link of the vehicle or spec and we could be a little clearer with our responses.

Ok
So the guy owned it from Jan 2013 then he had Overland cruiser overhauled it April then he shipped it to Australia July where he had the suspension done, inter cooler upgrade,160 l long distance fuel tank installed, front bull bar and awning installed, front and back towing point 10 ton installed.

Its got an inverter, 3rd battery, snorkel, patriot roof rack, CB radio, sigma alarm system, tinted back windows,air-con overhauled,he done oil and filters changes regular. He's got all the paperwork of the work he has done also before and after his trip in Australia he had Robson Brothers check the car. He's got 6 tyres 1 new rest with 8-10 mm tread left

sounds like he looked after it.

but yes he's asking £7500

So the details are a lot better this time. Now that has been said doesn't seem a bad price to me depending on condition. It's had a lot of money spent on it.
Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 80 in question was on Auto Trader a few month back, if I am correct it was silver with a red lower half and arches.

It could be the same one.

The only thing is do you include all the upgraded to the overall selling price aalthough it's a year later and that I might have to spend money on further repairs or maintenance.

I remember that one being for sale too, not Toyotas best colour scheme in my opinion but thats just me.Base truck still worth no more than £3k tops so what do you value the added bits and the time to fit them ? If its set up to go it could be considered better value for money like Stu said.

image.jpg
So went to look at the car today. He's got MOT and paper work going back as far as 2006. Didn't see any major problems on them. That fact that JUlian did work to the car from overland cruisers says a lot. All the added bits will come to over £4000 pounds saw all the receipts for the work done.

So he is willing to take £6500, so do you guys think I should pay for this. Or to give Julian a call to see what he thinks because he worked on the car.

I don't see that as an expensive truck at all really, by the time you have bought the parts and then had them fitted

I'm with Tom.

To buy the truck in the first place maybe 4k doesn't take many add on parts to get to 6.5k.

If I was looking for something like that then I'd say its cheap.

if you do buy it I may be interested in one of the coopers:thumbup:

Good luck

Use your head but go with the heart. I've seen similar trucks sell for a fair bit more.

Good lad :)

remember some one photos for us. Better still we are at the overland show if you fancy a camp

can any one tell me why a important 80 is that much cheaper then a UK 80

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did you collect then Paul?

24carrot. The main reason the uk spec is more money is most people want all three diff locks. Some of the imports have them but not many. To be honest if you get an import you get folding mirrors,fridge, cruiser control and a few more goodies where the uk spec trucks don't. Personally I like the imports. They work well with the limited slip diff in the rear.

You generally find the imports have no rot, they are normally mint underneath witch for me is the big thing, diff locks can be retro fitted so no big deal

Back