Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Quote for my 95

MarkW

Country Flag
morocco
Insewerants.jpg

Somewhat gobsmacked, 6yrs NCB, 40+, 10000 miles per year fully comp

Looks like they haven't quite got the hang of this price comparison malarkey…[emoji33]

Direct line quoted me £418 for my 80, 93 import, 1 year NCB, 4000 miles, 40+, multicar.

Have I read that correctly?

One pound and 6 pence per mile :shock:

You could by an overland prepared 80 for that much EVERY year :lol:

I could spend a year on a trip for that insurance quote! the other end of the scale was £199, much more reasonable

Costs me about 800 a year and i can never claim because they would write it off if it needed nothing more than a new windscreen wiper .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That sounds steep Shayne! How much was it before you modded it?

Helen's been driving 30 odd years without an accident so she pays about 30 quid less for hers .

I can only guess its a postcode thing and our next door neighbor refuses to house train her dog preferring to claim for a new sofa or carpet every few months or possibly that a bunch of kids burned out a car belonging to Helen's ex here maybe 20 years ago .

Nobody will tell me why or how they arrive at that sum not even the ombudsman

Last edited:
Why insure it then Shayne? Just run it on TPF&T.

I have no choice here, it's too old to get fully comp, that's limited to 10 years, unless you've insured it from new past the 10 yr limit.

I can't even get fire and theft, it's just third party minimum legal cover for me., and that cost me about £170pa.

It makes little difference Clive about 20 quid iirc so i would rather have fully comp and hope there is at least some risk for them by me paying that little extra .

It makes no sense insurance companies are just criminals protected by government . Helen actually pays quite a bit more than me , i didn't know she pays by installments . She says her Hyundai coupe 1.6 was 20 something a month but the cruiser is 80 something so she is probably paying over a grand a year .

Last edited:
I am paying £860 a year. No mods. No of road and no EU .this is with 16+ yr no claims ( but not all of those were earned in the UK)

My pain point seems to be post code and that i have only had my british driving license for a bit over 2 yrs now.

My other car, the run about, is a mondeo 1.6 zetec 2008. Fully comp with all the bells and EU cover i pay £166 for it. Go figure.

Where I grew up has crept up a bit, it's now a B rating, but where my parents live now is an A, as is the Outlaw's address. Where I last lived in the UK is a B as well, and that was on the edge of Blackpool - mind, given the work I was doing there I would probably been able to find out who had nicked the car...

Hi guys it's good to be here I own a cruiser 4.2 every time I open the radiator cap my antfrizer is not full to the top .its always a little bit low but the expansion bottle is always on the right mark .its it something I should worry about.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Back to insurance, quote for a 51 plate 95, £240 for Maria and I, 5K miles as we don't commute, AF again coming up trumps. :thumbup:

Back