Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my 1st prado

faheems

Country Flag
kenya
hi Guys

so i have been offered a prado [h=1]Toyota Landcruiser Lc5 D-4d Auto[/h]the only issue I'm having with it and i am not buying it is there is an oil leak from the bottom.
there is no service history as it was repossessed by the bank and the bank are reselling it.

could any one advice me on what the issue might be.

as per what i have seen the sump is leaking the oil.

i have heard that the 1kd engine has a problem with the injectors and now i am really scared i may have made the wrong choice paying for the car.

HELP!!!1

Yet another great intro. Have you bought it or not? first you said I am not buying it then you say you might have made the wrong choice in paying.
thinking-023.GIF

If you've bought it you've gotta live with it. Clean off the oil underneath, run it for a bit then see where the oil is coming from. At the moment I would say anywhere from the drain plug up to the rocker cover but that's not much help as we've not got much to go on. If it's round the sump it could be one of many simple things. Any sign of damage to the sump? Has it hit something, is it rusty?

As far as injectors go, they're bound to be serviceable and you should get indication out the exhaust with smoke of some sort.

How about some more info on you and your truck, a sort of, well, introduction? Welcome anyway faheems.

Totota's recall verification website will let you confirm if the truck has had the injector seals changed.

But what model / year is it ? Only some serial numbers between 2003 and 2007 needed this work done and a bulk of them were from 2003 and 2004.

Totota's recall verification website will let you confirm if the truck has had the injector seals changed.

But what model / year is it ? Only some serial numbers between 2003 and 2007 needed this work done and a bulk of them were from 2003 and 2004.

hi its a 2005 model

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you've bought it you've gotta live with it. Clean off the oil underneath, run it for a bit then see where the oil is coming from. At the moment I would say anywhere from the drain plug up to the rocker cover but that's not much help as we've not got much to go on. If it's round the sump it could be one of many simple things. Any sign of damage to the sump? Has it hit something, is it rusty?

As far as injectors go, they're bound to be serviceable and you should get indication out the exhaust with smoke of some sort.

How about some more info on you and your truck, a sort of, well, introduction? Welcome anyway faheems.

many thanks for the welcome,

i am just getting to know about it i will be able to get more info when i actually receive the car. the vehicle has been at a stand still for about 6 month and is removing some white smoke when started. i think this is because it hasn't been started for long. the engine running sounds good...

I would give it a full service including timing belt before i even started looking for faults and to allay your doubts faheems most of us are fixing little leaks and squeaks to ensure our cruiser sales through its third decade of service without fault . Its a Landcruiser :thumbup:

Back