Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof Rack Fitting???

Steve Hoskins

Country Flag
uk
Hi,
I have a new Front Runner Roof Rack which I need to get fitted to my 200 Series, does anyone have a recommendation for getting it done in the Wiltshire area. I attempted to do it myself but it's not as straight forward as the instructions would let you believe!!

When I fitted mine I used the cardboard packaging to protect the roof, lay the rack on top of that and then worked my way round installing the feet for the rack

When I fitted mine I used the cardboard packaging to protect the roof, lay the rack on top of that and then worked my way round installing the feet for the rack

The problem that I had was when I removed the OEM roof bars the plates under the roof holding them fell through into the car interior and were a real pain to get back in place! Hence wanting some professional help. Toyota won't do it as the rack is not made or supplied by them.

Ah, can't help I'm afraid with that

Maybe try the company u bought it from otherwise maybe a local off road equipment installer?
Sorry can't offer more advise than that....

Does it have very that bolt into the OEM mounts or does it have a replacement track you bolt down first? You can drop the headlining carefully enough to get the track on if it uses that, alternatively each foot before the tray goes on.

Takes a bit of faff but not impossible.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back