Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie to forum

offroadrolls

Country Flag
united_states
Just joined the forum for research as I'm currently restoring 2 LC's. First is a 1963 titled as a 64 FJ40. The second is a 1965 FJ45LV.
I wheel an 87 Suki running a 67 B18 Volvo engine. Also have a 1962 4x4 Rolls Royce SC with a built 454 BBC.

15 posts you need to show us this Rolls and i can't wait to see it :thumbup:

Yes Welcome ORR and I too am looking forward to the photos even if it's not a Landcruiser. [emoji6]

Hi and a big welcome Love the old cruiser fj45lv r rare has hen teeth it's a big :thumbup:From Tony

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and a big welcome Love the old cruiser fj45lv r rare has hen teeth it's a big :thumbup:From Tony

Yes the FJ45LV's are rare. I seem to remember the imports into the USA were about 800 between 1963 and 1967. At one time I had 4 of them. I sold one years ago and just sold another recently to a friend. So now I'm down to 2, a 67 and and a 65. I'm going to restore the 65 as I found it in Kingman Arizona so it's virtually rust free.

hi keep the posts comeimg I have a fj45 and fj40 with hj60 runing gear in them and love the fun you can have with them from Tony.

Attachments

• OffRoadRolls_photoshoppe.jpg
    OffRoadRolls_photoshoppe.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 143
It all started about 15 years ago when I said I’d always wanted to build a 4x4 Rolls Royce to my friend Dale…..He then challenged me as if it were impossible. One thing lead to another and we acquired a rust free 1962 S2 Bentley. It was in pretty rough shape, missing the engine and sporting a counterfeit Rolls Royce grill. Also, the right front frame horn was bent a bit from a previous accident……We decided it was the perfect candidate for the project.
Retaining the original frame we installed 1 ton Chevy truck springs and axles. The rear was easy but the front required a fair amount of fabrication. We powered it with a low compression 454 CID Big Block Chevy. It gets about 10 miles to the gallon, 4 going uphill and 6 going down while the shifting and 4 WD are handled by a Turbo 350 coupled to a NP203.Picture 013.jpg

We took it on a few trail rides and once up Mount Farwell as well as a couple of 4[SUP]th[/SUP] of July Parades in our local town of Steamboat Springs CO….. Then it sat for a few years. Then about 6 years ago decided it was cool enough that we should tear it down and really build it right. Since disassembly, we’ve built off road bumpers, a tilt front end and we’ve had all the chrome powder coated copper hammer tone. We also went through the engine, installing 10.5:1 pistons, a cam and roller valve train. It ought to put out about 420 HP and at least 400 ft. lbs. of torque. Last, we worked with a local body shop having it sprayed Hot Rod Flat Black. The only thing left is the interior and reassembly. Unfortunately, time is money and because this is a shop owned rig, there’s not much money in it. So the process of getting it back together has been a long haul.
Droid Pics 217.jpgIMAG1005.jpgDroid Pics 316.jpgIMAG0994.jpg2013-08-04 15.31.13.jpgDSC00765.JPGIMAG0992.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now that is TOTALLY INSANE

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

But strangely cool!

Do you take brollies with you when it's wet to keep your bowler hats dry?

Great photos and ..... what a project. Love to see some of the mechanics of it, the FWD for example.... Just amazing!!

Wow, your right its bonkers :) Great build though, you should be 'hall of famed'

Ace

Thanks for those. I have to say I love the first picture particularly, and your attention to detail, but I can't help a feeling coming over me that somehow it just isn't right to do that to a Rolls. Now don't get me wrong, I admire you for doing it, immensely, and I get why, being a works project, but it's like it's just not the done thing. A bit like a chapter of the Hells Angels turning up at the hunt ball.

Do I like it?……In the first photo I do. With the latest mods…not sure yet.

Now if it were to go in the Paris Dakar rally, I think (and don't ask me why I think this) I could admire it covered in race stickers. It would somehow justify it for me.

Hope you didn't mind me saying as you're doing a fantastic job on it, especially as you took one in a sorry state to begin with.

There is a racing one that has appeared at Goodwood Revival. I felt a bit odd about that one too. Maybe it's just me. [emoji6]

Brilliant:clap:

If I lived within 100 miles I'd be bringing my truck to your shop off the back of that build :icon-biggrin:

I would so like to take that round the peaks on a BH monday when there's a bobble convention on :laughing-rolling:

Ah, now I can see that Pete, that would be a head turner and leave a few open mouths. I too would visit you with my truck on the back of seeing that.

Back