Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Helping out my Uncle - To strip or sell complete immaculate 70 series?

peter33

Country Flag
australia
Hi There everyone from Melbourne.

I promised my uncle I would help him out as he has finally decided to part with his 70 Series Landcruiser.

Basically he has had this thing garaged for at least the last 10 years and only stopped paying the rego on it approx 2 years ago - the reason it has sat around for so long? When he wanted to sell it many years ago - no one wanted to pay what he wanted - so he pretty much left it there.

He has tasked me with either - Stripping this (Really hoping not to because its so clean and will take some time to do) or Selling it as is.

I need some advice - as well as what it may be worth (we do have a rough price he wants) and the best place to advertise it so we don't have a million scammers and tyre kickers.

Here is the details

1989 Petrol GXL Landcruiser - Automatic - Fully optioned - electric windows the lot.
Model: FJ62RG- PNQ
Engine: 3F
CC: 3955
Color: 155 (Gunmetal grey color)
Trim: FU11
Trans / Axle - A44OF K085
Plant / Built: A11 Sep 89
KM's - I remember him saying 220k - with full service history.

The tyres were replaced 2 years ago -

The only thing is - as I mentioned - it is not reged and has not been started for 2 years - so im guessing it will need a new battery and a decent service or what have you not <--- he does want to avoid having to spend any money on this.

The interior and exterior of course -is amazing it has been caged up for its entire life when driven - and when no longer driver up until now in the garage too.

Any suggestions ?

look forward to your help!

Welcome Peter, sounds a really nice truck. Once you put up 15 posts here you can add some photos. We're all looking forward to seeing the truck. It would be a real shame to break it. How much does your Uncle want for it?

Good luck with the sale
Richard

From the model number and engine details you have given it is a 60 series not a 70 as the thread title says.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm very sorry for putting it in the wrong area, mods are you able to please move this to the 60's section and modify the title? It won't let me!

Back