Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wales Laning 2nd - 4th Oct

BRE Fabrications LTD

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Had a great weekend out in Wales. Did a few lanes en route from Cardiff to the start of Strata where we camped on Strata Friday Night. Then on Saturday we circled back to do a lane around Claerwen Reservoir. From there beelined up to Machynelleth to the "bastard lane" which was good fun. We did in fairness do it the easy way round so next time I'll need to do it the hard way. Great little lane with some fun technical elements. Saturday we camped on farm just outside Machynellyth. Then Sunday made our way south picking up a few lanes along the wales coastal path and explored Nant-y-Moch reservoir.
DSC_0082_zpskhmtgwzf.jpg

DSC_0075_zpsmdil7ncx.jpgDSC_0064_zpsqfyuk7ut.jpgDSC_0058_zpsjq1xnwis.jpg
DSC_0054_zpsywqenfmp.jpg
DSC_0052_zpseygsx0xu.jpg
DSC_0016_zpsbcis944y.jpg
DSC_0010_zpsnidrc90l.jpg
DSC_0245_zps69fkqttz.jpg
DSC_0244_zpsrbkdwvw9.jpg
DSC_0233_zpsohnezc4w.jpg
DSC_0224_zpsbhial1vg.jpg
DSC_0212_zpsf5redjx1.jpg
DSC_0187_zpsbyji6fjy.jpg
DSC_0173_zpsx0bk4sfd.jpg
DSC_0158_zps0mx7g8hu.jpg
DSC_0147_zps6un1ouqp.jpg
DSC_0138_zps0rfchyzc.jpg
DSC_0130_zpsj3l5vry3.jpg
DSC_0121_zpslg44unyu.jpg
DSC_0114_zps1ltplo8k.jpg
DSC_0099_zpskswkn6xx.jpg
DSC_0091_zpsubjqu0mo.jpg
DSC_0089_zpsxbx2mwcd.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 237
Looks like great fun breaks my heart thats its not far from me but even if i did have the route i have nobody local to pair up with :violin:

Hey Shayne,

I'm planning on possibly heading out again late November. If you are keen let me know and I'll keep you posted.

Shame I couldn't make I mate but looks like you had fun. Great photos

Cheers Ryan that might be just the incentive i need to get my truck back together and my trailer brakes fixed , looks like it might be tough going with a trailer though do you think i would be able to keep up ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Karl, the bastard lane has your name written all over it! We came across some great potential wild campsites too.

Shayne, I think a trailer would be a bit tight for most of the lanes we did to be honest. But I could suggest a few to you that were fairly open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame it would be nice to test it off road but its a bit of a risk when you don't know the route , I can sleep in the truck though .

IMG_0277.JPG

Great pics there. Keep us posted re your late November trip, depending on date I would be interested in joining but I have an archery competition in late November.

Great to see a Wales landing trip. Some good weather and lanes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like you dipped in with the weather, great pics :thumbup:

Shame it would be nice to test it off road but its a bit of a risk when you don't know the route , I can sleep in the truck though .View attachment 21917
Shayne, I recon your trailer will go anywhere the truck goes, especially if you have a winch for those slippery incline moments :thumbup:

Great photos of Wales, thanks for sharing Ryan!! :icon-biggrin:

Me too Clive the question is more one of how my truck will cope with the extra weight .

Me too Clive the question is more one of how my truck will cope with the extra weight .

TBH Shayne, as it was in the photo, it wasn't a heavy trailer to maneuver, we manhandled it easily. The big wheels help it roll over rocks and through the heavy stuff, I really don't think you'll have a problem.

The power-to-weight ratio on your truck is staggering mate.

:shock: are you chatting me up :lol: nah its well balanced and not heavy but as 4x4's go my trucks not heavy either and 6 wheels could offer some silly angles , mind you it coped well 4 out of 5 emergency stops :icon-smile:

Hey Shayne,

Your setup does actually look quite compact. If you're happy to give the lanes a go with the trailer then I'll make sure I let you know when I next head out.

Karl, the bastard lane has your name written all over it! We came across some great potential wild campsites too.

Shayne, I think a trailer would be a bit tight for most of the lanes we did to be honest. But I could suggest a few to you that were fairly open.

Sounds like we need to do it mate.

Shayne, I'd say the only issue with a trailer would be downhills with loose surface or muddy tracks with minimal grip. I don't know what the rig weighs but extra push could cause issues. We have done some serious lanes where down hills and sheer drops would make my arse twitch even more with a trailer behind me...,

Back