Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

#its Snow Joke

IRLGW

I see we are due the first snow of this winter here in north wales on sat evening into sunday....just need to put all the rear locker bits back into the case and hope it works!

I see we are due the first snow of this winter here in north wales on sat evening into sunday....just need to put all the rear locker bits back into the case and hope it works!

Interested to see if it comes off as forecast :icon-biggrin:

I'm waiting for the first fall here, there's been some smatterings on the hills over 1,500m but nothing settled yet. We normally get snow late November, it's fingers crossed for me.

The truck is waiting too, all prepared, chain bags in the back and shovel at the ready (which I usually carry at all times).

Topped up the screen wash in the Volvo. As ready as I can be :(

We're forecast mid 30's this weekend... down in Tamworth (500ish metres lower) they are expecting 40*C on Friday...

Most importantly Crispin, are the heated seats working, and do you have one or 2 settings on them?

Winter tyres fitted to the Subaru Legacy last week. Im interested to see how she fairs in the white stuff.

Im in south Brecon Beacons over the weekend in a remote area (accomodation is down a track), MET office forecast says heavy snow Sat night so we shall see....

We're forecast mid 30's this weekend... down in Tamworth (500ish metres lower) they are expecting 40*C on Friday...
Not funny.

Most importantly Crispin, are the heated seats working, and do you have one or 2 settings on them?
Yes, they work, 3 settings for your full buttock comfort. Hey, small glories - I'll take what I can :|

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We ran winters on the BMW we had when we were back in the UK 2012/3 and if I was there I'd definitely be running a set every winter, put on early November, and take off when it's regularly above 12*C... the extra grip not only on the snow, but also in the wet was great. We coped with about 6" of uncleared snow quite well, the only time we struggled was the driveway, but there was no way to get any momentum up to get up there. Delz reckons she out did a fair few soft roaders as well, they were surprised she got to where she did everytime there was a fresh dump of snow.

On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to this warm snap, BUT I am glad it's not the following weekend when we'll be down the coast where the humidity will be much greater; I like the dry heat here on the Tablelands.

I hope so, we're supposed to be doing Strata on Sat, glad I got the electric blanket for the RT now tho :icon-biggrin:

We had snow covering for a while, then turned back to rain, then back to snow again so only have a sprinkling now. Surrounding hills are white though, skis ready :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup some nice snow here, although stopped now. Joy of joys snot picker has rugby this morning....

Nothing but blue sky and sunshine on this side of Edinburgh.

Bob.

Just Wet Wet Wet here, bloody boy bands, they get everywhere.

And the skiing was fantastic
At clashindarroch forest in Aberdeenshire

3d541241527f1552ce578e504aa7d17f.jpg

And the skiing was fantastic
At clashindarroch forest in Aberdeenshire

3d541241527f1552ce578e504aa7d17f.jpg

Fabulous Andy, you beat us to it for a change!

I've been in a T shirt outside all day today, can't believe it.

Back