Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

group cooking for club meets

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,

thoughts / ideas / menu plans for common dinner at the club meetings ? Specially, for when we might meet as a group away from a show. It might be nice to consolidate campfire + common dinner if we can.

Anyone have ideas on what we might be able to prep/cook for such meals ? And how we might get organised for it.

regards,

Paella is easy to do for a big group, just need a gas bottle and Paella dish & stand, or bbq need half a barrel though! -

From Lincomb experience group cooking does not work that well. There are always some who would rather self cater and there are those with food allergies or simply different food preferences.

As Ian says Kb.

Would be be nice to do a hog or lamb like stu showed open an open fire. Properly like you have just caught the thing. Hopefully there wouldn't be people who would be offended by that though.

i am one of the guys that enjoys the cooking and sorting myself out. Wouldn't want a group thing every time. Jmo

Would be be nice to do a hog or lamb like stu showed open an open fire. Properly like you have just caught the thing. Hopefully there wouldn't be people who would be offended by that though

I'm sure a tenner each to the local butcher could sort that out they rarely get the chance to show off their skills . Veggies can have whats in the stomach grilled with a pinch of salt :icon-smile:

Glad I'm not a veggie then Shayne…bleaugh!! [emoji13][emoji13]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check this out
image.jpeg
Pork shoulder she seals it in the frying pan then slow cooks it in some red good for your health helps you lose weight slime she calls bbq sauce so I can't eat any :puke-front: awful woman I tell ya !

I can get a complete lamb that is £120 but would feed around 50 people or 3 trevors....

I don't mind cooking it if we all chip in. Someone else can worry about what we are having with it....

Sounds good. You the cook mate. What could we have to go with it?

If there is an assistant I would do it.
Jackets roast veg, easy to do stuff.

I think we can knock something up between us. Mr Lomas could supply us with a bag of his finest.

Beer sort of goes without saying really. Do we have any non drinkers in the club?

Tom does some killer quadruple cooked chips as well!

In terms of actual meet meals. I was really only considering doing one, maybe a Saturday evening meal, as a social thing. And everyone can self cater the rest of the weekend.

The amount of effort needed to do a series of common meals would in itself turn into a mission - and likely not really be worthwhile.

Let me try and comeup with some veggie and carb options to fo with the meat. Happy to help with those.

Regards

Btw one campsite dish that worka really well for me has been a baked beef curry.

Literally 5kg of large chunks brisket, 2.5kg of tomatoes, 2.5kg of onions ( the asian kinds not the sweet ones) bit of water, a few spices to taste, bit of salt. In a dutch oven, completely covered in coals. Needs fairly high heat.

Cooks in 40 to 45 min, goes really well with rice.

I can get a complete lamb that is £120 but would feed around 50 people or 3 trevors....

I don't mind cooking it if we all chip in. Someone else can worry about what we are having with it....

You can have one of these for £119.

1507068_10208120783718572_8304696836862301340_n.jpg

I pay 100 for a lamb but I have one when the guy has them killed. Only once a year and that was a few months ago. He only has a few lambs done per year. Sometimes have half lamb off another guy at 60

I sell them for £45 / half. That's butchered but all in one bag for you do sort out yourself. Fancy packaging cost money. Also a wide variation in lamb weights. Lowland sheep are big buggers.

I will be giving you a shout at that price rob. These are nice size lambs I have been getting though.

Back