Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member - Mitch

MitchScheele

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys,
My name is Mitch, I'm from Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
24, Im a site foreman for a commercial builder.
I currently drive a 2009 Dual Cab Hilux which I'm prepping to go around OZ in the next few years.
I have basic knowledge of cars but I'm always willing to get in and have a crack in all aspects of life.
I love camping, fishing and getting out doors
My hilux is being built to go anywhere to camp and fish all over OZ.
Ill put photos up of it once post count is up... Still lots to do on it but haha
Anyways i have just organised to pick up my first every FJ40 its a 1968,
I will be doing a full restoration on it, i want it to be the Toyota creme colour, unsure of its name.
At this stage I'm not 100% sure of motor ill be using weather or not its going to be the same or put a v8 in it.
Theres plenty of questions i have in general so I'm going to just have a gander on the forum.
cheers
Mitch

welcome from france Mitch. Love both of your trucks, esp the FJ40 - the preps never stop btw :)

Welcome along Mitch, Great intro, we certainly wish you well with your projects and your adventures.
There are quick ways to get your posts up, then we can have pics.

welcome from france Mitch. Love both of your trucks, esp the FJ40 - the preps never stop btw :)

Thanks Steve, yeah i love Toyota they are a great for reliability, i have put 180k on my hilux with no dramas! I'm very keen to get stuck in to the FJ40 and start pulling her down for a sand blast and go from there!

Welcome along Mitch, Great intro, we certainly wish you well with your projects and your adventures.
There are quick ways to get your posts up, then we can have pics.

Thanks Andy! glad you like it, yeah ill post photos as soon as i get the post count up!

Welcome Mitch, I passed through the Hunter Valley last week...... some nice camping spots there for sure.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
certainly is mate, i live within an hour from the hunter valley and its gorgeous, I'm very much keen on taking the hilux around Oz and see what other wonders Australia to offer!

Welcome Mitch from a icy cold west Yorkshire UK

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Welcome Mitch, I certainly envy you getting the 40, that sounds a great project and a great colour choice. There's some nice ones on here to get inspiration from. Looking forward to the photos too. [emoji4]

Best wishes

Richard

Welcome Mitch, I certainly envy you getting the 40, that sounds a great project and a great colour choice. There's some nice ones on here to get inspiration from. Looking forward to the photos too. [emoji4]

Best wishes

Richard

Thanks Star, yeah for some reason the colour has always stood out for me, that plus nice black tyres and rims and other small items should make it pop. just don't know where to start as i am not a mechanic or all that good with it but once i get it ill be getting in and having a crack.

i pick it up on the 27 of next month :D

Well you've come to the right place. If you're methodical, have a plan, (which it sounds like you do), take loads of pictures, make drawings as you need to and aim for top notch build and ask for any help along the way then you should be fine. Have a read of some builds on here too to get a feel for it.

You'll be fine and the truck will be great when it's done.

[emoji3][emoji3]

Well you've come to the right place. If you're methodical, have a plan, (which it sounds like you do), take loads of pictures, make drawings as you need to and aim for top notch build and ask for any help along the way then you should be fine. Have a read of some builds on here too to get a feel for it.

You'll be fine and the truck will be great when it's done.

[emoji3][emoji3]

Cheers mate, im always keen to ask for help. Thats what i thought, take it all apart and take photos box it up and then start with the body and then so frame etc im looking foward to it!

Hi and welcome love the 40's I have fj45 and fj45 with HJ 60 runing gear in them let's have pics. Thanks Tony.

Try putting some up Mitch, some people seem to do it straight away but the forum generally waits until after post 15.

Ok guys, ive finally had a chance to upload these photos, I pick her up in a month, its going to be a 18 hour trip just to get her then trailer her home so it will be done over 3 days.. let me know your thoughts, Idk why the guy has chose smurf blue and im not sure as to why he decided to paint straight over rust, but this will all be sorted with a quick trip to the sand blaster. Let me know what you think.
Cheers Mitch

IMG_8458_zpsw7upivjx.jpg

IMG_2706_zpsatxc5jpd.jpg

IMG_5897_zps2ziqjntp.jpg

IMG_7024_zps6lgdg5nc.jpg

IMG_3670_zpsyooh6jhl.jpg

IMG_2876_zpsyc1gopwp.jpg

r_zpsegjj5fnn.jpg

IMG_7022_zpsfcpmxf7l.jpg

IMG_2691_zpsh1ky7sjt.jpg

IMG_0825_zpslwqp8sxh.jpg

IMG_4785_zpsvru0hsug.jpg

IMG_9448_zpsacaglak8.jpg

IMG_7139_zpsvjjx0fvf.jpg

IMG_9694_zpsb5kwdyww.jpg

IMG_8886_zps5sulkxbt.jpg

IMG_9519_zpsmfttbu08.jpg

IMG_7046_zpsusbkw29x.jpg

IMG_7049_zpsku9ovvje.jpg

IMG_7043_zpsxumacdeg.jpg

IMG_7044_zpsdgobjlhy.jpg

IMG_7038_zpsa599cotb.jpg

IMG_7037_zps8tge88kw.jpg

IMG_7036_zpsiu23jwem.jpg

IMG_7025_zpsrz2bnpyl.jpg

IMG_7023_zpsf9hhnhjg.jpg

So there are literally all the photos I have of it, I cant wait to pick her up! hope you like the photos!
cheers
Mitch

Back