Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2016 snow photos anyone?

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
There was a warning that we'd get some snow this weekend.

Nothing worth mentioning on Saturday...

View attachment 24037

But it was -9C this morning (Sunday) and it's risen to a giddy -7 during the day.

There was more of a sprinkling of the white stuff on the garden, so we ventured to higher ground. Sinaia said it was too windy for the cable car and the gondola, so we ended up at Azuga.

View attachment 24038

View attachment 24039

View attachment 24040

View attachment 24041

View attachment 24042

There's a few to edit in here, for some reason photo upload has decided to go on strike...

View attachment 24043

Great day out! :icon-biggrin:

What to say... sorry guys, but I did everything "proper"...:oops:

I'll have another edit session tonight after we get home.

What to say... sorry guys, but I did everything "proper"...:oops:

I'll have another edit session tonight after we get home.

Snow, snow, we want pics or it didn't happen!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453055571.947473.jpg

Petworth Park today. Was only a dusting and mostly gone by the time we got there. [emoji4]

Where can I take my daughter tomorrow to see snow for the first time tomorrow? Must be with in 3 hours of Bristol

We have had some stu. Think we will have more tonight. Went to pick my sister up from the airport at midnight last night and roads were covered in on the way home.

Tryin' again. The quantity wasn't so impressive, about 50cm on the mountain, Bucharest had 80cm, when we got home!

here goes... The ski slope looking from the top

image.jpg

image.jpeg

And Ana, a bit nervous, first blood this year...

image.jpeg

soon mellowed

image.jpeg

Tell you, it was fffffffriggin cold!

image.jpeg

Aura...

image.jpg

Looking like she's done this before

image.jpeg

No need for these...

image.jpeg

There's some more, but I need to edit them in from the PC, I'll fire it up, just a mo....

The garden yesterday ...

image.jpeg

Azuga car park...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The piste basher ratrax thingy...

image.jpeg

And the (current) view out of the Bucharest apartment window...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Had a good snow here last night il get some pics tomorrow if still here

Where can I take my daughter tomorrow to see snow for the first time tomorrow? Must be with in 3 hours of Bristol

Damn, it's 3 and a quarter hours by plane, Stu .... :doh:

Well, great snow up in Scotland, but my mate decided to drive back last night so I had one extra night's camping in the forest. Quite magical. RTT was really warm but still frozen on the inside this morning. My mate not so lucky as he spun on the motorway north of Manchester last night and wrote his (company) car off. Interesting trying to onward-journey a bloke, all his kit, two rifles and a dead hind. He should have stayed. Didn't get home til 07.00 this morning. I was still in bed! Didn't take many pics, but it was fantastic powder. It snowed again yesterday afternoon so there was quite a depth. Buddy really struggled to move his SUV. So much for cheapo 4 wheel drive.

Back with pics later as for some reason they won't upload and given that I must have put a thousands pics up, it's not something I'm doing wrong. Hmm. And suddenly one of them appears?

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 19.56.42.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 19.57.03.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 19.57.03.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 255
We have had some stu. Think we will have more tonight. Went to pick my sister up from the airport at midnight last night and roads were covered in on the way home.

Are you working tomorrow karl? Fancy a visit.

Could have done today mate. Got to go building tomoz depending on the weather. Going to be working inside for half a day then afternoon depends how it is. Would have been nice to see you for a social.

Nice pics Chris, sorry 'bout your buddy, but I guess he wasn't injured.

Good to see the UK getting some in, I'm hoping winter has started here (better late than never).

Jan has seen +12 when on average its -9, it's our coldest month traditionally.

Good pics clive. Id like to post some pics but this winter has been the worst since (my) records began for lack of snow and cold. Not even bothered putting the winter tyres on..

Could have done today mate. Got to go building tomoz depending on the weather. Going to be working inside for half a day then afternoon depends how it is. Would have been nice to see you for a social.

I will see how I feel in the morning. I have the day off and want to do something.

Good pics clive. Id like to post some pics but this winter has been the worst since (my) records began for lack of snow and cold. Not even bothered putting the winter tyres on..

Booo, let's hope that changes...

Hmm, I'm now having lots of trouble seeing pics. None of the above and only a couple of Clive's which was better than before he reposted.

Back