Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sump guards...

thanks..are there any more..whos the better ones..

Asfir are the only ones i have seen , are you replacing Toyota's own or did your truck come without ?

hi yes it came with out..i want to put something decent on as i do a lot or work in woodlands and need the sump and rad protecting.

I have Toyota's own and its been battered but it does its job so might be worth looking to breakers yards .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Matt we can offer you the option of N4 under body protection in Aluminium

thanks west coast but I'm looking for a bit cheeper.

Last edited:
Hi Matt we can offer you the option of N4 under body protection in Aluminium

Ive looked at your website Westcoast4x4 and its a shame you dont list any underbody protection for the 120 series. i will be looking for a sump guard in the near future.

We do have the full underbody protection for the 120, we need to get it on the site, when your ready fire an email across and I will be more than happy to give you a quote. [email protected]

Thanks

Matt,

I'm going to second the advice you've been given - go for the original two plates, the Toyota ones are like battleship steel - when I had a leaking output shaft seal in Portugal I was taking the front guard off daily for access and I can attest to the fact that they are bloody heavy!

Pete

This is what came on my swb 90 and to be honest i haven't seen anything better at any price to replace it with .

Underbody protection 001.JPG

The 2 front parts (rhs of pic) look the same as on the lwb, however the large piece on the lhs must be swb specific? The isn't any protection like that on the lwb model...at least not on mine.

It's 4 piece and the 3rd from front is damaged because i was too bone idle to unbolt the last bit when i realized the overlap that should have gone under it was on top of it , it will be alright says me and as sods law will have it the following day i was winched out of a bog backwards and snapped the overlap bit off :icon-rolleyes:

Many searches found nothing on the plastic guards which made me assume they were OE and i think but i'm not sure i chanced upon the very same sold (subject to inquiry) on Milners website quite recently .

It will be alright says me and as sods law will have it the following day i was winched out of a bog backwards and snapped the overlap bit off :icon-rolleyes: .

See what I mean Shayne, if I was in a bog, there's a reverse gear on my truck (to the right and back it is).

I'd just select that and drive out :whistle:

Oohh now where did I put my tin hat…

[emoji4][emoji6]

See what I mean Shayne, if I was in a bog, there's a reverse gear on my truck (to the right and back it is).

I'd just select that and drive out :whistle:

:lol: what do you reckon Chas you didn't want to go first and decided not to try after you pulled me out , sadly i reckon i would have made it through had i remembered to engage diffs before i entered :oops:

:lol: what do you reckon Chas you didn't want to go first and decided not to try after you pulled me out , sadly i reckon i would have made it through had i remembered to engage diffs before i entered :oops:
So that was where it happened, I didn't realise you had suffered some damage, I don't think it was because I didn't want to go first, as far as I can remember I didn't want to get my rads clogged up with mud.

Yeah a very wet Lincomb that weekend i didn't know it broke until i got home . It was only about 3ft deep in the worst bit i think i would have been fine were it not for the cut log about 18" in diameter and 4ft long sat lengthways in the tyre track between my front and rear wheel . Never mind it was fun i got my chin wet hauling that lump of wood from under her :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Ha ha Shayne, nicely dummied around.

Always a sense of disappointment when the fish don't bite...:laughing-rolling:

Back