Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

STOLEN!!!! KZJ78 silver and grey - please help!

lakes_cruiser

Country Flag
uk
My dearly loved 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser KZJ78 reg no. K283 AFR was stolen from Frome, Somerset on the evening of Sunday 31/1/2016. Photos below.
Generous reward to anyone who has information that leads to the recovery of this truck. Needless to say I am gutted. It's silver and grey metallic with blacked out windows, 2" raised iron man springs and shocks, black steelies with BFG A/T tires and a silver roof rack.
This vehicle is far more than just a car to me, I have worked on it for years, it is part of the family. Please keep a lookout for a silver and grey 70 series Land Cruiser. Thanks all.
landcruiser atlas.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

Really sorry to hear that. Just as a possible feature to look out for, is the rear normally lower or was that picture taken when it was loaded?

Very distinctive vehicle and not many about , you would think with the amount of cameras everywhere nowadays police would at least have some clues . I do hope you get it back some things just can't be replaced .

Nice looking truck. Just like my 80 with its bum dragging. [emoji6] I really hope you get it back. I hate to say it but it's a possibility it has been nicked for parts so it's worth posting pictures of wheels etc in case they come up.

I had my Shogun stolen so I know the gut wrenching feeling you've probably got right now as I too loved that truck and really looked after it. Horrible.

Mine did turn up after 3 weeks, had been nicked by a bunch that were moving across the south stealing caravans in 2004.

Really sorry to hear that. Just as a possible feature to look out for, is the rear normally lower or was that picture taken when it was loaded?

Hi Chas,
The suspension is fine, that photos was taken with a fully loaded trailer attached, probably not the best choice on reflection but at least you can see it clearly. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Ben

Silly me I didn't notice the trailer bar, I'll keep my eye open up here in London anyway.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very distinctive vehicle and not many about , you would think with the amount of cameras everywhere nowadays police would at least have some clues . I do hope you get it back some things just can't be replaced .

Hi Shayne, yeah it is distinctive and maybe that will go in my favour. My fear is that it is either in a unit somewhere being broken for parts or it's in a container sitting in a ship yard somewhere waiting for a ride to Africa.... :( But it's worth trying to get her back. I spent years on it, replaced the engine with a 3.0, replaced the box with a manual, serviced the diffs, uprated suspension, wheels, tires, resprayed. Not to mention the amount of ace family trips. My wife and 3 year old son are both gutted too. Hopefully someone will see it and give me a heads up....

Nice looking truck. Just like my 80 with its bum dragging. [emoji6] I really hope you get it back. I hate to say it but it's a possibility it has been nicked for parts so it's worth posting pictures of wheels etc in case they come up.

I had my Shogun stolen so I know the gut wrenching feeling you've probably got right now as I too loved that truck and really looked after it. Horrible.

Mine did turn up after 3 weeks, had been nicked by a bunch that were moving across the south stealing caravans in 2004.

Thanks mate, the springs are good, it just had a heavy trailer attached in that photo! Yeah I am properly gutted mate. I reckon it's organised crime as I've heard about many similar vehicles being stolen recently to break them or ship overseas....

I would be looking for a used bull bar for sale in the off chance it would lead me to where they have hid the truck .

Hope you get it back,will keep an eye out this end.

I know how you feel mate,they are such a great wagon,but let's hope that whoever did the dirty deed suffers in the future.

Not good at all. I shared it on FB straight away. Lets just hope the powers of social media come good.

barstewards! I hope you find it - also shared on facebook - good luck

Gutted for you mate! :icon-cry:

Really hope you get it back. :pray:

Thanks for all the messages guys, it means a lot. There have been a few possible sightings so I'm follow these up now and will keep you posted. There was a spate of similar thefts within days and several last night also in my town...
absolute scum.

The scum are everywhere. My mate whos a member on here woke up to see someone next to his 80 series on the drive. He has CCTV and he saw it on his monitor. Locally we are having a lot of van break ins as well. Just have to make it as hard as poss for the tossers to get them.

Hope it turns up soon with minimal damage.

There's so much crime going on now that the Police are stretched and have to prioritise. Keep the faith in them, it's hard to at times, but if you find anything they will assist so following up on leads is a good thing, just remember, if you do find it, tip the rozzers off, don't try anything yourself as people that do this sort of thing won't think twice about hurting you or your family. Your own detective work will aid the police though so it's a good thing.

It's making me think about getting a tracker.

Last edited:
Posted on Sussex 4x4 Response forum and requested it be linked to National forum.

I so hope you get it back. It might take awhile, it depends why it was stolen. Mine was stolen off my drive to steal a caravan the owner was preparing to go on holiday to France in.

Might be worth you putting up a number that people can text you any information on as this post is being linked to by others, perhaps the police number and case number too.

Last edited:
Back