Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member 100 series 4.2 6 cylinder turbo Diesel fuel economy

Baker

Country Flag
australia
Hi Everyone,

I have own one of the unbreakable model hilux's we are currently looking at buying a 100 series landcruiser 4.2 lt 6 cylinder turbo diesel just wondering where I could find out what sort of fuel economy you get in one before buying one

If this issue has been already discussed please direct me to a previous post and I will happily remove this post

cheers Ryan

Mine, 20-25, never got anywhere near 30, thats manual 80 territory. You might get somewhere near with a manual version though.

About 22MPG @ 70MPH @ full GVW with rack etc. 5sp auto. Fully loaded the truck has a rack, roof tent and 2nd spare on top, non-aerodynamic bull-bar....this drops the MPG by about 2MPG (from 24-28MPG to 22-24MPG. Dropping the speed to 50MPH or slip-streaming behind something else makes a big difference. I typically put a few extra lbs in the tyres on a long motorway run. Runs on BFG ATs not road tyres.

Mine has the later auto gearbox BTW. I think 2004 onwards . Andy will know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No heavy tow bar and I've taken out the rear seats. Polished to a very high shine so there is virtually no air resistance :icon-biggrin:.

Mine has five spd also Frank ( 2003) but other territories had the 5 speeder a year before the UK and mine is an Aussie import. I never carry the rearmost seats ever, in fact their removal is the first thing I do when I get a new Cruiser home.
" polished to a very high shine", I could do with some of that special polish for my "bonce" Frank :lol:

Heavy towing at motorway speeds bring my 1999 auto (early gearbox) down to about 20ish mpg, just running around on local a roads at 50ish does help push it up to the mid 20's.
I also run on BFG AT tyres and I keep them up to 41 0r 42 PSI and the truck certainly seems to roll along alot easier.

My 2007 does about 11L per 100km, perhaps a bit less on a long run without any hills. I'm running Cooper AT3s, quite like the drive at 38psi. Recommended is 32psi but it feels a bit soft. Tried 42psi and the kids were sick in the back haha

Back