Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which one to choose?

I prefer Roughtrax seems better quality parts

Personally I've used both and never had a problem with either one - Both are great companies. It probably goes down to what you're buying, as products and brands can vary

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
RTFM. Only use genuine Toyota parts :icon-biggrin:. That way you will have Toyota quality. Other qualities are unknown and not worth the risk.

I have used Milner before without problems and are very helpfull indeed but this has only been for non critical parts such as front bumper fog lamp units poly bushes etc.

Ideally I like to use Toyota parts certainally for service and mechanical items, cant beat the quaility of OEM, however I have purchased other branded items such as Koyo bearings, these do work out cheaper from a bearing factors than through Toyota, light bulbs, oil & tyres all come from other sources then OEM.

Guess it depends on what you intend to do with the vehicle mines a keeper and I do around 25K a year so I will get the benifit and peace of mind fitting OEM parts, if I was planning to sell then it maybe a trade off on what to fit.

Yes I have used bearings from a stockist, just the same quality. Also Heavy Duty V belts from the local belt/bearing stockist. Used in the local factories so very hard wearing.

I'm in the 'it depends camp' for mission critical then OEM - steering/geometry, major engine components, transmission and specials.....perhaps anti-freeze/water additive, ATF etc. Even so called replacements can have different compounds and as has been said above mechanicals may have undocumented provenance, tolerances and metals/treatments. It can be that you could pay through the nose for a non-differentiated item from OEM or perhaps pay half as much for the items that you replace twice as often....with the cost of labour then often the part cost and potential savings of buying cheap can be a false 'saving'. For me too it depends upon how reliant you are on the vehicle......big difference between running to/from Tescos with AA in the background and being stuck in the middle of the Kalahari/bush

Back