Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1/10 Scale Landcruiser 80 - Hill Climb

Wow those rocks are massive!

That's just lovely!

I'm going back to that to see what info there is about it, if any.

There's not much detail, but even if it's mostly hand made, the basic body must be from a kit, it's perfect.

It doesn't even look jerky like most rc's, looks like it's got a bit of its own weight. If that's to scale it would be about 28 kilos :lol:

I just popped that in front of Lynn who watched it to the end. 'Did you notice anything' I said. After a bit of thought she said it was making a funny noise (had to agree). Well I said that's 'cos it's a 1/10th scale model. 'But it had a man in it' she said. She did ask if it was in Romania, I could have left her expecting to find you Clive looking like the model driver in the video. But I didn't.

I want one!
I just want mine to have a scaled down 1HDt in it though. With the same sound. Like the guy who built a scale model Ferrari fully reverse engineered from the real thing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just popped that in front of Lynn who watched it to the end. 'Did you notice anything' I said. After a bit of thought she said it was making a funny noise (had to agree). Well I said that's 'cos it's a 1/10th scale model. 'But it had a man in it' she said. She did ask if it was in Romania, I could have left her expecting to find you Clive looking like the model driver in the video. But I didn't.

I want one!
I just want mine to have a scaled down 1HDt in it though. With the same sound. Like the guy who built a scale model Ferrari fully reverse engineered from the real thing.

Oh yes!

A mini straight 6 (even a 1HZ -that's a dig :shifty: ) would be fantastic.

I saw the Ferrari one on utube I think, imagine the hundreds of hours and the skill bringing that together.

I recon this 1/10 80 had a simple leccy motor, but with low gearing to keep it smooth, and some ballast (maybe a 6V motorbike battery...).

The sound effects sounded like mine, on idle. :lol:

I need an 80 shell for my 1/10th crawler :pray:

Think I'll put it on my Christmas list…:think:

Will be measuring my crawler to see if it'll fit, cheers :icon-biggrin:

It won't fit mine :cry::cry:

It's much more to scale though, the shell on mine is the same wheelbase as the one in the e bay link

20170420_193752.jpg

Last edited:
The truck is fantastic the driver even better as i did not see a scratch anywhere on it and big compliments to the drone operator a green lane day has got to be on the calender soon all round excellance Dervis

Ive got a 1/5 scale FG Beetle bodied Offroad RC car with a 23cc petrol engine sat in the garage (had it years) which I've been on the lookout for a LC body for but can't find one to fit. It's not 4wd but it goes like stink.

I have spent hours in the past searching for a 1/10 scale swb 90 without luck . From memory Tamiya do a 1/32 out of stock almost everywhere and i thought about inquiring if a 3D print company could up the scale giving me the body to put on a different frame .

ignoring the Defender body, this thing has portal axles and locking diffs front and back!

Back