Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Central Locking Problem

Graeme Power

Country Flag
australia
Hi From Brisbane Qld, I am new to this forum after selling my Ford Transit Van I decided on a 100 Series Land Cruiser, I bought (like many do) a pair of Central Locking keys from eBay from a pretty reliable seller, I have had them Cut and the Chip coded to the car but so far no one has had any success getting the remote central locking to work code in, I have tried three sure fire ways including the Toyota Method disconnecting the battery, it does go into mode flasing 20 times but that's where it ends. The Locks respond to the key and to the lock in the armrest, does this mean there is not problem with the central locking itself and I can look at blaming the remote key supplied,? are they 403mhz?
Graeme

Hi From Brisbane Qld, I am new to this forum after selling my Ford Transit Van I decided on a 100 Series Land Cruiser, I bought (like many do) a pair of Central Locking keys
IMG_2080.JPG
from eBay from a pretty reliable seller, I have had them Cut and the Chip coded to the car but so far no one has had any success getting the remote central locking to work code in, I have tried three sure fire ways including the Toyota Method disconnecting the battery, it does go into mode flasing 20 times but that's where it ends. The Locks respond to the key and to the lock in the armrest, does this mean there is not problem with the central locking itself and I can look at blaming the remote key supplied,? are they 403mhz?
Graeme
I forgot to ass a picture of the original circuit board, does anyone know where I can perhaps get a new switch to put into the old original board to assist me in sorting the central locking.

Hi Graeme,

It looks to me like you are saying you have one key with a transmitter that works and has lost a push button, am I correct? If so your best bet may be to buy a spare and swap the switches if they are the same. I may have an old remote board somewhere I can send to you but it's not a Toyota one if I still have it. You could try RS Components or Farnell for a new one but it may be a search. Once you've got that working try cloning your new keys from the old one. Whatever you do, don't end up without a working transmitter as this gets expensive. This does sound to me like a transmitter problem rather than a central locking problem as you've proved the CL works.

Hi Graeme,

It looks to me like you are saying you have one key with a transmitter that works and has lost a push button, am I correct? If so your best bet may be to buy a spare and swap the switches if they are the same. I may have an old remote board somewhere I can send to you but it's not a Toyota one if I still have it. You could try RS Components or Farnell for a new one but it may be a search. Once you've got that working try cloning your new keys from the old one. Whatever you do, don't end up without a working transmitter as this gets expensive. This does sound to me like a transmitter problem rather than a central locking problem as you've proved the CL works.

Yes. Almost correct. I bought the car with the little transmitter and was told it needed a new batyery. Plausible. When I got it home and opened it the button fell off. So I guess I was lied to. I now think it would be best to get a new button. Repair the original transmitter and see if that works. Then get to work cloning the two new ones. Would a diagnostic tell if the remote unit was working?

Just to make sure we are not talking apples and nuts here: From reading forums with postings from OZ, I got the understanding that the cruisers down under have a different remote for the door locks than the rest of us. I.e that the remote is a separate key fob, while in the eu and the us the remote is built in to the key.
I might be mistaken, and I haven't even been on the underside, yet, but that's the impression I got from reading 100's of posts over the years.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you still have the switch, test it and carefully solder it back on and all should be good. They often fall off remote PCBs, not necessarily just a Toyota ones either and they do give the impression a new battery may be needed due to intermittent working. Not too bad a job if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Had a similar issue with a french car key fob. The switch fell off the pcb.
Managed to get new switch off the bay for pennies and solder it on good as new

Yes. The remote fob is separate. I looked on eBay for a nrw button. Can you direct me to a seller?
Once I sort this out I want the fob as a spare and will keep two integrated keys on hand for daily use.
On a side note I see lots of landcruisers with the rubber surround for the tailgate key missing. An ugly look on a beautiful car. I bought a 3/4" id cable grommet for a dollar and mine looks great now.

If you search poeugeot fob switch on ebay the switches will come up. These solder to the pcb. Not sure which type you have without looking at it. You may match the switch on another button if you have one. Physical size is important to fit the soldering contact points.
Or you may be lucky and get a whole key and be able to transplant a switch.
Good luck

Thanks for that, I ordered one, only $1.88 with free postage so I will see what happens, is there any way to test to make sure the remote central locking is working without a key? once I fix the fob I still wont be sure if the fob is faulty or the central locking module itself is not working?
Graeme

Back