Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series Gullwing doors

It looks like you and I sing from the same song sheet on this sort of thing CB. I wanted the 80 Gullwings to look OE and although I had to compromise a little the bulk remains as I wanted, unobtrusive and aesthetically pleasing.

I am now looking for expressions of interest here for 100 and 105 Gullwing doors.

Briefly, if you haven't seen the thread in the 80 section, these are side door panels designed to be as OEM looking as I can which allow access from where the side rearmost windows are located. Fitting is generally straight forward and involves replacing the glass with the aluminium door on the original rubber (this is something I am looking into as to how the windows fit. Cost should be similar to the 80 series ones but will be confirmed later.

See the 80 threads here
https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-gullwings-rear-windows.142898/

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-rear-gullwing-doors.143392/

A Molle panel is soon to be available

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/gullwing-door-molle-panel.146684/

So, if you are interested, please pop your name down below. No absolute commitment at this stage. I will link to this from the 105 section as I believe the body sections are identical (tell me if I'm wrong here). I need to produce 5 pairs really to make development and costs reasonable.

1, GeekOKent (105)

Add me to your next list of 60 series gullwings please Rich

Add me to your next list of 60 series gullwings please Rich
A 60 might be easier to do Ben as it would likely be the same format as an 80 but it still needs a truck to work from for the whole of the development. If I do a 60 series set the market would be small so I would need to recover development costs from a small number of doors making them rather expensive I fear.

Hi Rich, am turning this notion over in my head, which is always a dangerous pastime, but just getting thoughts and concepts straightened out in my mind first, and then would be good to have a chat together about possibilities as a project for early in the New Year...

I read your 80 Wings thread right through, whew :flushed::sweatsmile:, so got a handle on the many issues you had to resolve and feedback fielded... food for thought, but have glimmerings of a notion on how might look to tackle it, if it can fly cost effectively, and see what's what...

TBH, am actually thinking of glass in a frame rather than ali, because for me personally the rear seats likely to occasionally go back when we have friends with kids down, so youngsters would want to be able to still see out... but appreciate that may not be feasible so is just an 'ideal solution' and remain open minded as to ultimate outcome... hope you won't mind me picking your brains in due course... :wink:

and referencing your comments as to size of market for 60's Wings, am guessing much broader market for a Hundee...

A 60 might be easier to do Ben as it would likely be the same format as an 80 but it still needs a truck to work from for the whole of the development. If I do a 60 series set the market would be small so I would need to recover development costs from a small number of doors making them rather expensive I fear.
Yes Rich, there would be a very small number i expect. What is the preferred batch size?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes Rich, there would be a very small number i expect. What is the preferred batch size?
Difficult to say Ben but at 10 pairs I hadn’t broken even with the 80 ones, not including my time. I would do a New model differently though but whatever happens I need a truck of the type to be able to do the drawing and try prototypes which should be easier now I know the format.

Last edited:
Happy to provide a guinea pig should you get enough committed enquiries Rich

Interesting Ben, thank you. The 60 should be able to use the bulk of the 80 drawing. Just the outer shapes should need changing.

You’re pretty keen on these CB, I can tell…

hahaha... well confess I am definitely now commited in my own mind... have decided I'll definitely work up a GW set up that suits my less hardcore requirements for this particular truck right after I get the custom drawer & wing setup I have in mind built and installed together with a tailgate conversion... and then all done, and should be the perfect everyday & casual leisure Cruiser:blush:

The very best of luck with that CB. I look forward to the build pics. :)

Back