Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series ignition key

sandymarky11

Country Flag
england
Hi my 100 series ignition key has got really notchy, took it out, gave it a clean and lube but think it needs replacing.
Spoke to Toyota who have said the barrel is now obsolete and not offered as its over 20 years old . Does anyone know if there are aftermarket units out there or repair tips ?
Thanks

Hi, I am not a expert, but if you can get the barrel out (not easy but I guess doable) and take to a very good locksmith and I bet
they can replace the bits in the barrel, or have you tried Roughtracks or Milners? (not looked if they do them)

Looked at the usual places , can get Hilux pre immobiliser off the shelf. If I get stuck may try one and tape the original key behind the dash to the immobiliser ring.
Easy to remove the land cruiser barrel if you need too
"Put key in ACC position and there is a small spring loaded pin underneath depress this and the barrel slides out " takes less than a minute.
Had a look at stripping out the barrel to clean it out but would require drilling out blind pins that hold it together.
Going to try a new key and hope that improves the action.

Do you know the part number? Give Amayama a try you might find there is one floating around the world somewhere...

Out of stock at amayama, possibly out of production. Looks like you can get a complete set tho', all the 5 lock barrels as a kit, with new keys.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Look in their illustrated parts catalogue - locks are under Body & Interior.

Back