Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series injectors.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Just a quickie, does anyone know if 100 series injectors ( diesel) and 80 series 24V injectors are the same?
I'm just exploring my options as I'm considering resurrecting the 100 next spring.

Thanks in advance.

Different andy.

I have a set of injectors depending what your thoughts are.

There are two different versions for the 100 as well.

Parts list says with or w/o egr cooler. But egr cooler also includes different turbo, and (and I think this is the real reason) the array of valves blocking one of the two inlets to each sylinder. This valve speeds up the air flow on light load, and gives (supposedly) a more complete combustion.

Different andy.

I have a set of injectors depending what your thoughts are.

Just considering options Karl, with mine being Oz spec there's nothing to say they are the same as UK ones or that 03 ones are the same as say a 98 with the upgrades they made along the way. Its just that I have a spare set of 24V injectors and wondered if I had them re furbed in advance they would pop in the 100 engine.
More research required.

Thanks Karl.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a quickie, does anyone know if 100 series injectors ( diesel) and 80 series 24V injectors are the same?
I'm just exploring my options as I'm considering resurrecting the 100 next spring.

Thanks in advance.
Physically the bodies are the same as 80 so either will bolt in 24 valve head, but the nozzles in 100 series are different design. So are the springs (higher brake pressures in 100 series injectors). Differences between early and late 100 injectors being brake pressures (higher pressures on later vehicles with swirl flap variable vane turbo engine )

Physically the bodies are the same as 80 so either will bolt in 24 valve head, but the nozzles in 100 series are different design. So are the springs (higher brake pressures in 100 series injectors). Differences between early and late 100 injectors being brake pressures (higher pressures on later vehicles with swirl flap variable vane turbo engine )

Any idea when the change took place?

Thanks

If talking only 100 series, the potential change came from august 2002 production. But still a great deal of HDJ100s were made without that change. Australia never got it, e.g., afaik. Just look to see if the egr pipe has a water jacket or not, that's the easiest.
One vendor (think it was euro4x4parts) said something about some new nozzle parts can be used on old versions as well, but not old version parts on new.

Can't you find the right ones for yours, Andy, by searching Toyodiy by entering your chassis number ? I could then tell you what the ones for my face lift 100 were.

Here you have both versions:
ScreenHunter_29 Nov. 15 18.33.jpg

Looks like mine are the 23600-19085 non EGR cooled ones according to Toyodiy. I've not had time to get to the 100 to have a look.

Looks like mine are the 23600-19085 non EGR cooled ones according to Toyodiy. I've not had time to get to the 100 to have a look.

As said previously, they are definitely different. I bought a set of what was listed as 100 series but turned out to be 80 series 24v injectors that had been overhauled - I took them to the shop that rebuilt my injectors and they were of the opinion after some research that they would only marginally function in a 100. The tips are different lengths and shapes, the break off pressures had a different range etc. What I learnt persuaded me know to try the 80 series, so I just bit the bullet and had mine rebuilt with new nozzles.

Cheers for that Nath, I've got to get the 100 into the house garage and first find out why I've got a slight turbo whistle under load first by having a strip down and examination if the associated parts. Of all the oddments I have about I like the 100 best although the V6 Collie is running it a close second.
I just thought having a set of injectors ready might be a good idea as its done 205k but does run very sweetly.I'll probably take them out and have them tested at the local diesel shop and take it from there.

All the best matey.

Cheers for that Nath, I've got to get the 100 into the house garage and first find out why I've got a slight turbo whistle under load first by having a strip down and examination if the associated parts. Of all the oddments I have about I like the 100 best although the V6 Collie is running it a close second.
I just thought having a set of injectors ready might be a good idea as its done 205k but does run very sweetly.I'll probably take them out and have them tested at the local diesel shop and take it from there.

All the best matey.

Getting them tested is a really good idea. Sometimes a sonic clean and then testing with that cleaner fuel they use will get them performing within spec. Careful with the injector seats, they can be a pig to get out.

Is there an alternative injector for HD-FTE which can be recommend which would be considered as part of an upgrade? Or just stay with stock injectors? As looking to swap out the turbo and exhaust at some point.

Back