Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Lift

Body or suspension ?

Am I right in assuming you don't have "Automated Height Control" (AHC) ??

Your problem is going to be the front Torsion Bar Suspension; I guess you have a Shock Absorber (damper) in place of the hydraulic strut on the AHC cars.

Torsion Bars are adjustable at the anchor end, but I don't know how much lift you will get from there. Maybe the Australians have done something like this ?

Adjustable gas struts in place of the shocks may work, don't know about the ride quality though.

I haven't done this but I'll be watching the responses with interest.

Bob.

Probably not what you want to hear but....

If you want a 2.5 inch suspension lift go to one of the expert Aussie company's and buy a proper engineered kit that will include diff drop , possibly adjustable ball joints or modified front arms , springs and torsion bars and correctly valved shocks , and even adjustable panhard rod ....also tell them exactly what you intend to carry and what bar work/winch etc you have....

It will not be cheap but it will give you a vehicle that rides and drives correctly and performs as it should.... anything else will be a compromise and you will end up spending the same to get it to work in the end .

I've never seen a 100 series that actually looks lifted unless a body lift was included .

Mine was fitted by previous owner with a 2.5" OME kit from Slee Offroad in the US who specialize in 100s, which replaced the T bars, and springs and used Nitro charger shocks. Also required front diff drop and extended UCAs to maintain CV angles and the like. On oversized 33*12.5 LT tyres the ride is really quite hard and busy. Im looking at slightly reducing to a 265/75/16 which can get in standard C load rating which should help a little with the harshness.

I would agree that the 2.5" still doesn't look like a huge lift. I wouldnt want to go more than that with an IFS setup anyway.

If looking for bigger tyre clearance and looks, a body lift might be a much cheaper and easier route, assuming bolts will free. Certainly keeps suspension as designed. Not sure how high you can lift a 100 body without hitting issue with needing to extend stuff, but was only 1" on my Surf.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Largest tires on non-lifted 100 series?
I am new to land cruisers and this forum, I have just purchased a 99 TLC and would like to put the largest tires on it that will fit without a lift, I don't want any issues with rubbing the wheel well. any suggestions?

I fitted 285 75 r16 bfg all terrains with no lift, no issues.
Largest tires on non-lifted 100 series?
I am new to land cruisers and this forum, I have just purchased a 99 TLC and would like to put the largest tires on it that will fit without a lift, I don't want any issues with rubbing the wheel well. any suggestions?

Back