Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series prices

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

Are 100 Amazon prices on the rise ?

I was considering a 100 Amazon when we had our 120 D4d some years ago.
However, I am not sure if after 4 years of selling our 120 series, the prices for a 100 series are more for say a 2007 truck, than what they were then.

Graham

I don't know about on the rise but they seem to be holding steady year on year. I bought my 03 100 5 spd auto 7 years ago for £8.5k and bet I'd get that for it now.

That will be the wiggle box, ? 5 speed ?

Graham

Hang around a bit & once the Covid induced recession works through it'll be a buyers market.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seemingly not, I think the unsuccessful 80 seekers will gravitate towards the 100 series and keep demand strong.

Yeah, I think my hunt for an 80 series is shifting to a 100 series, unless a half decent 80 series for reasonable money comes up in the not too distant future!

This never happened.

I think things will get tougher, in fact I have no doubt - we're still less than 6 months since people were on furlough and mortgage rates and energy prices have only started going up, what might be quite a steep slope. Fingers crossed we can avoid the worse of it.

You know what they say, when there's blood on the streets, buy Landcruisers! :dance: (....or something like that!)

I like how there are two posts with identical titles over a years difference in age running next to each other right now!

Anyway, just as an observer… I tried to help my mate sell his HDJ100 recently. Manual GX, no rust, 250k miles, excellent mechanicals, good/reasonable cosmetics for £7.5k. I advertised it here and a hunting forum, he advertised on ebay. We both thought it was a more than fair price, considering the long and meticulous service history.

Not one single offer, no one came to look at it. A couple of vague enquiries on eBay. I was genuinely surprised, looking at others on the market I thought there would at least be some interest…

It would be would be worth at least AU$30k here, probably more. Is the market just minuscule?

Luckily he finally saw sense and decided not to sell!

I think the market is dwindling - lots of factors for that: Not least that these trucks are getting old now* for use as daily drivers for most people and not efficient.

Youngest 100 is 15 years old
Youngest 80 is 25 years old
Youngest 120 is 13 years old
Youngest 90 is 19 years old

For leisure or recreation, the purchase price + overland mods/refit, you might be better off putting that money into a slightly newer Hilux, say 5-10 years old - there are many advantages IMHO.

My trucks are fun , kind of a hobby in themselves . If i couldn't have them i can see me making do with disposable 700 quid scrap heaps no oil no wash just drive it until it stops then get another one .

Last edited:
That's interesting. I was wondering what had happened to your friend's Cruiser in the end.

A few years ago I found myself in a bit of a pickle so I listed my 100 on eBay for £7k and it was the same story. Not a single enquiry. Maybe some trucks are just not meant to sell.

My friend was looking at SUV in 10K budget and it’s 2008 model rangerovers that attracted him. I told a Landcruiser will be better choice but his reply.. rangerovers are good for daily driving, brand value etc. Landcruisers are too big can’t be driven for school drops n shopping and expensive and for different people :)
That’s the majority perception in UK

I am biggest promoter of Landcruiser to people I know. I atleast got it into ‘to consider list’ :) They like Landcruiser but it’s more expensive than rangerovers of similar age and mileage. Rangerovers are bit more attractively dressed and lots of cosmetic makeup on them. That’s where people are going

One can say - irrespective of reliability, by spending half the price of Landcruiser one can by RR and can say - The Queen has one and I too.
I heard this comment on Fifth Gear used car reviews comparing a 100 series, RR and some other 4x4

I suspect that the cost of diesel at £1.50 a litre is having an impact on peoples decision to buy.

The utility bills thing is going to bite by autumn this year, if it isn't already now.

I know people are asking big money for their 'beloved' 100's, but I seem to see the same ones for sale, not convinced they are selling.

The days of £4000 80's seems to be long gone!

This is the link. this Landcruiser might be someone’s here

Back