Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series questions

Para

Country Flag
united_states
Considering buying a 100 series but concerned about it off road abilities
No rock crawling, but dirt roads and sand beaches

1) Does the center diff lock in the same way as the 80 series did, only in 4 Lo ?
2) Can the 'Pin 7' mod be added (Like on the 80 series) that allows for the center to lock in 4HI & 4 LO ?
3) Looks like a rear Eaton locker can be added to the rear fairly easily
4) Is the front diff a waste of time or whats the deal there....maybe add a true trac?

I’m not to clued up on the 80 series differences.
But I have a 100 series, only had it a few weeks and can confirm you can lock the Centre diff in high manually from the push button on dash and I believe when you go into low it locks automatically.
I think the rear locker can only be used in low.
A lot more knowledgeable people on here will hopefully be able to help more regarding 80 series and front diff.

Considering buying a 100 series but concerned about it off road abilities
No rock crawling, but dirt roads and sand beaches

1) Does the center diff lock in the same way as the 80 series did, only in 4 Lo ?
2) Can the 'Pin 7' mod be added (Like on the 80 series) that allows for the center to lock in 4HI & 4 LO ?
3) Looks like a rear Eaton locker can be added to the rear fairly easily
4) Is the front diff a waste of time or whats the deal there....maybe add a true trac?
So i came from a triple locked 80 that was pretty well wheeled- expeditions and competitions.

I wouldn't use my 100 series for winch competitions, but for everything else its genuinely amazing- Atrac just works and the AHC system (despite people finding it troublesome) is genuinely clever- i suspect the 100 is AS effective as an 80 in 99.8% of situations, and 150% better on road.

On dirt roads and sand beaches the 100 is as least as good as the 80

Back