Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series stereo

Paul Dolan

Country Flag
australia
Hi folks I've just bought a 100 series cruiser 2002 model and the cd player wont allow me to put a cd in it the car yard says they'll fit a new stereo from autopro but I want to keep the original in it,
When you press the load button it says wait and that flashes for a few seconds then goes back to the radio.
Any tips on how to fix thisbefore I get it taken out ,I'd like to keep the car as original as possible and I like the idea of the 6 stacker cd player.

Thanks for any info in advance

Paul

Paul
Your not likely to get it repaired, its simply not worth it.
If you want to stay original and do not do any any offroading then you can usually find these for sale on Ebay or the Aus cruiser forums www.lcool.org for give away prices.
Alternatively, have you tried a wrecker? I'll bet 95% of wrecker original vehicles still have the factory unit in them as they are pretty useless and no one wants to buy them.

If you do intend to do any offroading then its a perfect time to upgrade to something with decent GPS capability and can run 3rd party navigation apps such as OziExplorer.
Again, Lcool is your best friend.

I fitted a Chinese tilt screen unit to my 2002. Lets me angle it to kill reflections whilst navigating.

Malcom

Paul
Your not likely to get it repaired, its simply not worth it.
If you want to stay original and do not do any any offroading then you can usually find these for sale on Ebay or the Aus cruiser forums www.lcool.org for give away prices.
Alternatively, have you tried a wrecker? I'll bet 95% of wrecker original vehicles still have the factory unit in them as they are pretty useless and no one wants to buy them.

If you do intend to do any offroading then its a perfect time to upgrade to something with decent GPS capability and can run 3rd party navigation apps such as OziExplorer.
Again, Lcool is your best friend.

I fitted a Chinese tilt screen unit to my 2002. Lets me angle it to kill reflections whilst navigating.

Malcom
Hi Malcom thanks for the reply mate, I spoke to the last owner yesterday and he told me that he hit a bump and the cd's jumped from the 6 stacker and got jammed and that's why it wont work so yes I may have to takeup the offer from the car sales to replace it with another unit.
They have picked a unit that willfit but I may add to it and get a better one with gps in it.
Thanks again Paul

Back