Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105/ 100 front bumper - Free to a good home

nick_the_fish

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
Just took my front bumper off to put on the ARB. Its free to a good home it anyone wants it although they will need to pick it up.

Its in need of a new coat of paint, and it has a few sections cut out to accommodate the winch and winch control box.

I can upload more photos if anyone is interested.

IMG_4243.JPG

Hello Nick, where would it need collecting from?

oh yeah sorry Scott, should have mentioned that!

Derbyshire. We are Near Clay Cross.

I could pick it up Scott and hold it for you if you need me to.

Tempting, I was thinking it could come in handy if I ever need to remove the winch bumper from Wanda, or wanted to standardise the front end for a bit.

I'm aware that 105 winch bumpers don't fit 100 series, as people have come across that issue before, so am I correct in thinking that the standard bumpers are different? Or is it the same bumper with different bolt on brackets depending on whether it's being attached to a 100 or a 105?

Nick does the bumper have brackets between it and the chassis? Wanda had the winch bumper when I bought her so I don't know what set up she had originally.

Karl thank you for your kind offer.

Those fog light blind inserts are worth getting it. Get rid of the useless fogs which need replacement every second mot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nick is just round the corner from me. Not trying to trump Karl, but I'm 5 mins from Tesco.

I think the cover is the same for 105's and 100's which is what's pictured but the 'reinforcement beam' which is the steel bumper behind that is different.

Thanks John.

Nick, is the steel part of the bumper included?

Hey guys,

I do have the steel part of the bumper and yes you are welcome to it, however unfortunately we had to chop of one of the brackets in order to get it off due to a sheared bolt. I would imaging if you are a fabricator it would be fairly easy to weld back together or to make a new one.

Also the bolts will all need replacing as they were all rusted and useless.

I'll get some more photos uploaded later and you can all have a look.

N

OK here are some photos.

Metal bracket set including a winch tray if you want it

IMG_4323.JPG

and the bracket which we had to cut up

IMG_4325.JPG

Cheers

Nick

Nick, I'll gladly take you up on your kind offer, just need to work out collection as I'm not up your way too often. Shame as I would have liked to have seen your 105 and heard your plans for family travel; we have just the one bundle of joy, which has put a stop to most car journeys of any significant length!

Many thanks to Chris and Karl for their offers of assistance, I shall speak to Chris first as by the sounds of it he is closest.

It can sit in my unit no problem. If I drive down to Stratford at any point I can always bring it. Failing that we might have to do a forum shuffle. If you need it, I can always weld up the bracket too. But knowing you, you probably have a welding genius to hand.

Hello Nick, where would it need collecting from?
I have the steel part of a front bumper from my 100 after replacing it with a TJM winch bumper you are most welcome to it got surface rust but otherwise good Live in somerset

Hey @Scott ,

Great! There's no rush its not getting in the way so it can either stay here, or if you are going to see Chris at one of the meets then it can go to his. I'm really very easy.

Let me know what works best for you.

Cheers

Nick

Back