Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 series aftermarket turbo 12 psi, lost 3rd and fourth gears no noise no engagement all other gears are silky smooth

CNSJAYDEE

Country Flag
australia
I kept getting the run around here in Cairns with mechanics telling me to get another box and put it in but this seem like it counter productive as it's a clean box and I lost these gears while driving with no noise clunks or bumps, it's just like it's in neutral when I put it into 3rd or 4th. Im thinking it's the forks or spline that the forks move that are worn off because of the additional power of the turbo but not sure and I see this can be replaced to an aftermarket full spline part that is much stronger. Any thoughts?

Sounds very unlikely to my unqualified mind that anything broke because of power increase . The 105 was based on the 80 which is essentially a double decker bus downsized so components are set to carry twice its weight .

I'm reminded of Chas taking his truck for a swim filling the auto gearbox with water resulting in no drive .

Thanks Shane that's interesting alright. I am still looking into things and will see I suppose.

I would take the top of the box off to reveal the forks. Also I would drain the oil to see debris. Looks like the box will have to come out though.

Back