toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
with cig.socket plug

maybe a Roadpro?

any ideas lads?

cheers

All I know is they use shed loads of power, well the one in our boat did

My limited understanding leads me to believe you’d be better off with a 240v microwave and an inverter....

My limited understanding leads me to believe you’d be better off with a 240v microwave and an inverter....
That is what we had on our boat and tbh never used it much, don't think I would ever but one in my truck

What goes in a microwave more than 3 minutes ?

That aint long to run your engine day or night .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Chas had one in HMS Phoenix
I did, and would have one again but 12v is no good, the power usage is so great it melted a normal 12v socket. I did run a cable to a domestic socket which was OK but rarely used it using the inverter was much quicker.
If the meal to be cooked said 2.5 mins it would need 5 mins on 12v.

I did, and would have one again but 12v is no good, the power usage is so great it melted a normal 12v socket. I did run a cable to a domestic socket which was OK but rarely used it using the inverter was much quicker.
If the meal to be cooked said 2.5 mins it would need 5 mins on 12v.
Was yours dual voltage Then Chas?

I can’t imagine a normal 12v socket would ever give enough power so if it were me I’d be running some oversized cables to it with an Anderson plug.
A normal microwave runs at 600 watts output power which is probably closer to 1000 input power with internal losses. A microwave on 12v would pull 50A at 600w of input power. A significant load but easily achievable with the correct wiring.

I would like one 9f the 12v ovens from AUS but can't justify the £260 for one here

Was yours dual voltage Then Chas?

I can’t imagine a normal 12v socket would ever give enough power so if it were me I’d be running some oversized cables to it with an Anderson plug.
A normal microwave runs at 600 watts output power which is probably closer to 1000 input power with internal losses. A microwave on 12v would pull 50A at 600w of input power. A significant load but easily achievable with the correct wiring.
Yes Rich it was dual volts, I ran a dedicated cable to an old 15a socket (so nothing else could plug into it) but ended up always using the inverter. That socket is still in the Phoenix, so Shay if you see this post you know it's 12v.

thanks lads,i was an electrician,did just about everything really,doing my own camper vans taught me alot about 12v wiring,and i do have an inverter, so i'll start thinking on those lines.

cheers

thanks lads,i was an electrician,did just about everything really,doing my own camper vans taught me alot about 12v wiring,and i do have an inverter, so i'll start thinking on those lines.

cheers
As you already have the inverter I would just buy a cheap domestic microwave, you can probably get one very cheap on eBay.

As you already have the inverter I would just buy a cheap domestic microwave, you can probably get one very cheap on eBay.
Last two I got at car boot sales for about £10.

Back