Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Series Intruder alarm malfunction

Bigmal

Country Flag
uk
Hi I have a 120 series 2005 Landcruiser with an issue with the intruder alarm. It is setting on every time I stop and remove the key, indicated by an flashing light on the dash. Any ideas??

Which light is flashing? Are you sure that's not the immobiliser light, which we would expect to flash when you take the key out.

Karl thanks for the reply, yes I am sure, the immobiliser light does flash on removing the key, also the intruder alarm light is shaped like a car, so I have 2 flashing lights.

Does the alarm actually go off - hazard lights, horn/siren? How do you turn it off?

Do all your door courtesy lights work OK, including the back door?

Also any chance of a photograph of which lights are on? The only other light (apart from the immobiliser) that I can see that looks like a car is the open door warning light?

All door courtesy lights ok rear door ok. you are correct about the open door light, this is a plan view of a car, where as the flashing light is a side view. I have noticed and not been able to fix the glove box light is not working even after replacing the bulb. I have attached a short video.

Attachments

• 20210109_152145.mp4
    15 MB
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The alarm works as normal, ie when locking and leaving the vehicle, except the interior intruder alarm light is telling me that this alarm is not reset. I believe the light should show that I have un sett the intruder alarm by pressing the button near the interior light.

Bigmal, as Karl said, that light should flash when key taken out of ignition, mine does, as stated in Toyota handbook.
The button you are pressing up by the interior light, is not a reset button. It's for turning off the motion sensor intruder alarm, if you leave kids or dogs in there. To do that its not just a motion of pushing the button, there is a short sequence to follow. Its only functional until you next enter/turn on the ignition. To operate that function again, you have to go through the procedure again, so only temporary for as long, and when you want it.
If you dont want that option, leave it alone. From what you describe, your system is normal, unless as Karl asked, your alarm is going off, when locked and armed with remote.
I don't think your glove box light is anything to worry about, mine doesent work either., bulb gone. haha

Last edited:
So is the problem just that the 'door open' light is on and wont go off?

Thanks again people, I am having some difficulty in explaining the issue!! What is happening is when driving all is fine, whenI stop and remove the key the intruder alarm light starts flashing (even though I haven't pushed any button) then when I lock the car (via the key fob) the intruder alarm light starts and continues to flash. Tried a new bulb in the glove box to no joy though, not to worried about this though.

Sorry I must may have misled you. It is the intrusion sensor light. When I take the key out of the ignition the system turns itself off, ( I am not pushing the button to turn off the sensor) indicated by the flashing light. The handbook says the system will cancel under certain conditions including if the key is inserted into the ignition, which it isnt doing in my case.

I have just read about the engine immobiliser system, looks like this light should flash, senior moment, I have owned the car foe 4 years and not clocked it. Apologies to all and many thanks for your input

Back