Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Few Pics From The Old Coach Road (Keswick)

Geordie Paul

Garage
Few picks from a little jaunt testing out the suspension. Nothing too serious, not until i have the ASFIR plates on :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S. Spot the Paraglider :D

OldCoachRoad6Large.jpg

OldCoachRoad7Large.jpg

OldCoachRoad4Large.jpg

OldCoachRoad8Large.jpg

OldCoachRoad5Large.jpg

Looks great Paul, am off to the lakes for a holiday soon, stating outside Keswick, could you pm me the location of this lane pls? Thanks

Very nice pics - all of them. No 1 is just awesome... :cool:

Looks a bit like an 80 with those tyres on from some angles :twisted:

I'll duck now ;)

Its funny how a tyre that looks huge on a 90 looks normal on an 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simon_LJ70 said:
Looks great Paul, am off to the lakes for a holiday soon, stating outside Keswick, could you pm me the location of this lane pls? Thanks

I'm going up on the 30th May for a week, staying just west of Keswick.

Were you up at the weekend Paul? I was up that way myself doing a spot of laning on Saturday. Took one or two pics, I'll try and get them up tonight ;)

andyw said:
Simon_LJ70 said:

I'm going up on the 30th May for a week, staying just west of Keswick.

Edit I mean the 30th April.

Jimbo4x4 said:
Were you up at the weekend Paul? I was up that way myself doing a spot of laning on Saturday. Took one or two pics, I'll try and get them up tonight ;)

I live not far from Keswick mate so i am out on these lanes quite a bit.

If ever enyone is about in the lakes feel free to drop me a pm if you want to drive some lanes. Always up for a bit of green laning! :thumbup:

have you been along BreastHigh lane recently? not sure if it is too washed out or not at the moment?

Hi Andy,

I drove it last winter in my L200. Had no problems. Would have thought it is fine at the minute. Once i get some ASFIR plates on the collie I will take it there for a bit of a test :thumbup: :thumbup:

cheers

what is the best direction to drive it?
and how much time is best to leave to drive it.

down to a stag weekend near Kirkby Stephen end of april,
so may take a peek at it if i have time between paintballing and pub and mountainbiking...

Hi Andy,

I have always driven it from

NY 58469

to

NY 55289

Doing it this way means you will have to drive up the knarly rock step! Much more fun. Hope this helps :thumbup:

Geordie Paul said:
Hi Andy,

I have always driven it from

NY 58469

to

NY 55289

Doing it this way means you will have to drive up the knarly rock step! Much more fun. Hope this helps :thumbup:

Forgot its 3.62km long so allow a good 45 minutes or so. Watch out for the side slope 3/4 of the way, it throws you over to the right quite badly :thumbup:

Longsleddale is very close also:

Starts NY 48252

Finishes NY46539

It has a brilliant rock step in it, its known for breaking half shafts! :thumbup: If you drive breasthigh road it would be a crime to not drive longsleddale :D Its 2.47km long.

thanks GP!

I take it Longsleddale is the route that goes past Sadgill farm - which needs care due to the tight gateway

Jimbo4x4 said:

Took me long enough! I've uploaded them now so here they are:

DSCF0454.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0467.jpg

DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0472.jpg

DSCF0475.jpg

There's some great lanes up that way, think I'll try and do a full weekend laning up there sometime this year..

Jim.

I see you found Hamish the Highland Cow as well :lol:

Looks like you had some dry weather too - we had a fair Saturday but Sunday was a wet one...

Good snaps dude - let me know when to set off :cool:

Back