Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

First cruiser

Very well done to the both of you

Looks really tidy and such a low mileage for it's age

well done, looks good. :thumbup:

what if any plans do you have for it? :)

We're just going to enjoy it in standard trim for the time being (get used to it and all that).
i do have a set of 285/75/16 cooper STT's with less that 200 miles on them waiting to go on at some point (i'm assuming i'll need a sussy lift to get them to fit) ... and a 9.5TDS goldfish from Goodwinch waiting
a snorkel will be added at some point ..

but for the time being we'll just enjoy it as it is :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yay, another LJ78! You should come to Lincomb in May [strike:1yg64dh2]so I can give it a going over[/strike:1yg64dh2] so we can compare lol...

A couple of pointers if you plan to off road it - check the front electric hubs work before you get stuck thinking you have 4wd and you don't, they're a common problem point. Switch them from the dash, wait 3 seconds then drive forward a couple of feet, they should then be locked but to check this (without selecting 4wd aswell); jump underneath and try to turn the front propshaft by hand, you shouldn't be able to turn it more than 45degrees or so in either direction. If it spins as free as a bird then the hubs need work, it's not too difficult to permanently engage them and I can do this for you if/when we meet if you have problems.

Other things to sort before venturing off road include cutting the exhaust tailpipe back so it can't be flattened against the bumper, and to move the fog lamp into the O/S reverse pod before that gets obliterated ;)

Very tidy looking truck, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it :thumbup:

Oh yes, and you will ideally want a lift for those 285s. I'm pretty sure they fit as standard as long as you have enough offset on the rims, but they will probably rub on articulation.

Jim.

now we have got it home its way to nice to get muddy it realy is
so we are keeping it as it is anyway and its as high as our frontera

here's a couple of pics of it now it's home

SANY0001.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

Thanks for the info Jimbo :thumbup: ...

i do have a couple of questions ...... ... mine has 2 batteries ... does that mean it's a 24 volt system (gauge on the dash reads a steady 14v)
....... what does the "ECT Power" button do ???? .....
and lastly (for now) whats the red button in front of the shifter for ??

hee hee, sorry, that's a forum favourite. It allows you to move the gear lever without having the key in the ignition. You need your foot on the brake to make it work though.

ECT - haven't a clue what it stands for but it holds the gears for longer, useful if you're towing up a hill.

2 batteries - the one closest to the cab is the main one. The other is a secondary battery, it's still a 12v system but I'm unsure what the second battery's use is :think: sorry.

Jimbo4x4 said:
DON'T PUSH THE LITTLE RED BUTTON!

Ahhhh that's where the ejector seat button is then ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok ... i wont push that button :thumbup:

Red Oktober said:
Jimbo4x4 said:
DON'T PUSH THE LITTLE RED BUTTON!

Ahhhh that's where the ejector seat button is then ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok ... i wont push that button :thumbup:

I would if anybody got in my motor with those boots on. :lol: :lol: :lol:

looks like a tidy truck. :thumbup:

Can post more pics etc when we take more pics/ vids if anyone is interested in seeing them

Looking very nice indeed!

Red Oktober said:
Can post more pics etc when we take more pics/ vids if anyone is interested in seeing them

Oh we do love pics and vids... get posting man :lol:

:text-yeahthat: We like pics 'n stuff :cool:

The truck looks nice with a bit of sun on him/her :thumbup:

very nice indeed :thumbup: this is what i was looking for before i bought my 95

Back