Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Been Shopping - 80 series VX limited

richrock

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

I am finally an owner!! Today I purchased a 1992 jap import 80 series VX limited auto diesel. No mods and running on BFG ATs. 1 owner since import in 2004 and 106k miles. Horrible brown interior which will nicely hide the mud I get in there :)

Only one photo so far I'm afraid (I know how much you lot love photos). More to follow.

IMG_9735 small.jpg

I'm hoping to take her to Mongolia so feel free to make suggestions for mods :)

Massive thanks to everyone who has helped me, particularly Andy Lomas for all his phone advice.

Rich

Very nice. Is it in that gold colour that a certain member loves?

Who cares what colour it is theres been maybe 10 posts a week for at least a year underlining the fact that searching for a diesel 80 in good condition is like searching for gold dust on the ocean bed ! Enjoy it Rich :thumbup:

Glad to have been of assistance. If it's as good in the right places as I think it is then you should have a long lasting Cruiser but make sure you get on with remedial rust prevention asap.
Good luck with it all.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like a nice truck, enjoy.

Nice one - glad your sorted now. Look forward to the (inevitable) mods :)

Sent from my GT-I9100P

I believe the official colour is "beige metallic" (4k1). I actually really like it despite not caring about colour when I was looking for a cruiser. Not so sure about the brown interior though.

Is it brown or tan in need of a deep clean ?

Only i don't recall ever seeing a brown interior in any car yet the shadow of some forgotten childhood memory relates a tan interior to posh cars .

Last edited:
Nice one Rich well done!

Give it time, the Brown interior will grow on you.

If it's the Toyota Brown that was similar to what we had in our FJ73 then it's not too gruesome... personally I prefer the lighter interior colours, they make the interior so much less claustrophobic (and in the case of my parents cars hide the golden retriever dog hairs better...) than a black/grey interior does.

I have the brown in mine and not to keen on it but its not so bad that I would consider changing the dash to be rid of it. I have put seat covers on it which does take some of the dog poo brown out of it.
Looks like a nice 80 but we need more pictures please
stu

Have to say I quite like the brown, I'd imagine its very dirt resistant.

And anything is better than leather on a hot day. That is unless you like moisture in the crack(s)................:?:shock:

I have the brown in mine and not to keen on it but its not so bad that I would consider changing the dash to be rid of it. I have put seat covers on it which does take some of the dog poo brown out of it.
Looks like a nice 80 but we need more pictures please
stu
You tell him Stu:icon-biggrin:

Andy

Ok, a few pictures...

20131122_150533.jpg

20131122_150502.jpg

20131122_151430.jpg

20131122_151300.jpg

And that lovely brown interior (it's really only the casing around the fridge that I don't like)

20131122_150443.jpg

20131122_151719.jpg

Finally, my somewhat packed driveway

20131122_154419.jpg

That's not packed. I can see space for at least 1 more car there, if not 2. :lol:

That's not brown; it's off-black. Very trendy. It's the new white you know. Totally retro. You're ahead of fashion and you didn't even know it. Gok may be round any minute to accessorize it.

Back