Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

180° front view camera

Jack P

Country Flag
great_britain
I'm looking to fit a front view camera (not dash cam) to assist when when pulling out of concealed entrances.

Kenwood do one which is just what I need but seems rather expensive at £150 when i can get a standard reversing camera for £15 [emoji44]

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/accessories/cameras/CMOS-320/?view=details

The Kenwood has 195° view, so it splits the image to show left and right view.

Anyone know of a cheaper alternative or had any experience with the Kenwood?

Thanks

I've just bought the 230 which is the one without the box of tricks to split the view. There are all sorts available but with the 320 it's the up to date equivalent of the 300 and I found a review saying there was nothing to touch the 300 for field of view.

I'll be taking note of this as I'm planning on doing the same…one day [emoji4]

Thanks StarCruiser,

I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get the 320. I've also read some positive reviews just couldn't work out why it cost so much, probably because there's no other product like it on the market.

Having that little box of tricks to control the different views means I'm not limited to Kenwood head units.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I generally feel if you spend the money and get exactly what ticks all the boxes, you never regret paying even if it seems too much. But if you pay less and get something that's not right, you always regret it in my experience. (And I'm not just saying that so you can test drive it for me…honest. [emoji4])

Back