Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1969 FJ40 Oil filter lines PLEASE HELP

CRG

Hi,

I am finally at the end of my year long battle to get my 69 fj40 back on the road. The guy i got it from started an engine rebuild and gave up. I was given 2 motors and a pile of parts. After many nights and weekends I finally was able to start her up and she is running pretty good. I am concerned about one thing, the Oil filter lines....One goes straight into the side of the block and the other comes from the oil pressure regulator. I'm unsure of what line on the remote oil filter goes to which port. A lso unsure of how to set the oil pressure with the regulator. Any advice would be much appreciated, as you can see in my picture the oil filter lines which i am calling block side and fender side. Does the block side go to the regulator or to the block? And how do i know how much oil pressure to have going through the filter?

Thanks in advace

CRG
20180301_173441.jpg
20180301_173459.jpg

from regulator to oil filter inlet at least that's what I figured out looking at the parts diagram.
hope this helps.
welcome to the forum, can you tell us something about yourself and of course of your FJ in the intruction section of this forum?
btw we love pictures !
upload_2018-3-5_9-12-10.png

Perhaps the attached will help

Regards,
Rodger
2F oil filter-01.jpg

Thank you. turns out i had it right, It was keeping me up at night not knowing. Ill post some on the intro form as well.

CRG

Back