Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1986 Toyota LJ70 LandCruiser original wheel and tire sizes?

Kileni

Can anyone tell me what the original 1986 Toyota LJ70 LandCruiser wheel (rim) and tire sizes were?

Was there only one factory original wheel (rim), or were there various? Got any pictures?

Thank you!

My FZJ 70 with original steel wheels are 15 inch. I've been searching for original tire size too. I've not been able to find the tire size data yet. I've attached a photo for you. This one was built in Venezuela and I'm not certain if the origin makes a difference in the actual wheels that were fitted originally. I'll let you know if I dig up anything.

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ70  (17).jpg

Toy 1985images.jpg
Originally here in OZ they were 7.50 x 16 LT on split rims

Stock sizes for Australian market:

Light 70s (Bundera) LJ70
Heavy 70s came with a range of sizes as well:
Hope that helps,

Ed

Ed,
You really helped out with that info! Having what the Venezuelans call the FZJ 70, a "Machito" built in Venezuela here in the USA where they weren't imported along with an internet that wants to confine the search to the US has made it difficult to get info on this puppy. Sure glad you folks down under are on the ball. Thanks

I have an 1986 LJ70 here in Panama that was manufactured in Venezuela. The original wheels where 175R16 split rims.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Original tire 205 SR16 reinforced S.S. or 205/80R16 = 28.9x8.1R 6-139.7/ 12x1.5

Tapper, What model are you referring to? Looks like from what Paddler Ed reported in this thread back on Nov. 22nd wheels and tires may well have varied based upon model at least down under.

Tapper, What model are you referring to? Looks like from what Paddler Ed reported in this thread back on Nov. 22nd wheels and tires may well have varied based upon model at least down under.
1987 lj70 MNXW European model from Belgium imported to Italy new. Tire size is from the original build sheet I found under the passenger floor carpet mat

Back